Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 331

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

The responsiveness of Siri on the HomePod is ridiculous. I can whisper “hey Siri play xyz” from across the room and it picks it up without fail every time

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

@Kyle is hk, obviously since i gave a little mini review you know I cracked and bought a homepod. Damn you and your (terrible) logic which totally made sense to me haha.

Jason Tate and Kyle is hk like this.
  3. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Got an Apple silicone case for my X today. It was only $20 open box at this shop near me so I figured I'll try it out. The X is much easier to use without a lip at the bottom of the case and I'm glad I finally realized this (and I can finally get reachability to work!)

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Wtf Apple Music doesn’t update at 11 eastern anymore?

5. You might need to restart your phone - sometimes that works for me

Or maybe they just changed it

teebs41 likes this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I actually did that ha. Oh well another 40 minutes to hear runaway brother record. I read some tweets that supported the fact that they don’t update at 11 anymore. Strange thing to change but I guess I get it.

7. My fiancée just got me AirPods for my birthday and oh my god how did I live with wired headphones for so long? These are so cool!

8. I’m SO on the cusp of getting some. Been waking 2.5 miles on my lunch for the past few weeks and it’s getting damn annoying. Plus it’s amazing how quickly your headphone cable can get twisted by checking your phone, putting it in your pocket and checking again over and over.

9. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

My dog loves my AirPods as well - me snapping open the case has been followed by a walk so many times now that whenever I open the case she starts jumping in circles and barking because she thinks its walk time. Haha.

10. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

I've ordered some as well yolo, also I had 20% off so

11. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Any good deals on the Watch Series 3 right now?

12. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I have some crappy JBL bluetooth speaker I brought with me to KY during my recruiting school and seriously miss my Homepod I used the first two days before coming out here... that thing seriously sounded so damn good. But wife didn't want to give it up, lol. May buy a new one tomorrow while I'm in Louisville.

13. They just added it to the refurb store I think.

Separately, I just got AirPods! Stoked to fall in love.

Christian Romero and pauljgreco like this.
  14. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah a couple variations of series 3 (non-cell) went up on the Apple refurb page the other day.

15. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

I feel like my Apple Watch is the one Apple product I have no desire to upgrade from (on my Series 1). Just not seeing the benefits there for what I use it for, even if the latest watchOS has crippled its performance.

David Parke and Christian Romero like this.
  16. Yeah, I don’t think I’ll upgrade until a design change. Mine is going fine

17. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

I upgraded from Series 1 to 3 this year, but only reason I did is because my work gives me $250 towards one, I wanted the waterproofing, and I went with the 42mm (I had the 38mm with Series 1).

Don’t think I’ll be upgrading for awhile now though.

18. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

How is it moving from the 38 to the 42?

19. I’m still on Series 0 and on the latest beta. Works perfectly for me. I did turn of raise to wake though. Dramatically improved battery life for me.

20. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Ok my AirPods arrived, really cool I do have one question though, how can I make them NOT play in the pod that isn’t in my ear without putting it back in the case?
    Kinda want it just on my desk to pop in and out when I please but as far as I can tell the one that isn’t in use is constantly playing, seems a waste of battery

21. Pretty sure it defaults to mono mode when not in use and turns the other off. I’ll test it today but it has sensors and knows when it’s in your ear.

22. So now that twitter is killing the Mac app, do I go tweetbot or Twitteriffic?

23. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

The one not in my ear doesn't seem to stop though. Unless it cutting back in when you put it back in your ear is absolutely seamless.

24. I personally like Tweetbot way better, but I think it's a personal call on what works with your workflow best.

I think Twitteriffic is having a sale right now though.

25. Yeah they BOTH are which is what got me interested. I had tweet deck installed already I guess so I set it up and will try it but already im kinda annoyed by a few things.