Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 301

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. oneeightytwo

Regular

Is this just 6S or including the Plus too? I’ve noticed that iOS11 has done something to my battery so wondering if this could be a quick little fix?

2. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I'm so pissed off right now. I went to the Apple Store to get my cracked phone changed. The guy tells me I don't have Apple Care, but I know I got it when I bought it on the Telus website. I remember it said that it had been added to my account. Now I call Telus to ask what the hell is going on. Turns out they don't have anything in their system that shows I got Apple Care so they can't do anything about it. So I'm pretty much screwed because their crappy system didn't register that I got AppleCare :redanger:

3. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

do you not have an invoice/pay statement in your email confirming your order?

4. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I just checked the 4 emails I got when I ordered. There is nothing about Apple Pay in them. When I was ordering there was a message that said that they had changed their order system, so it was probably a bug that didn't register the AppleCare order even though the website told me it had been added to my account. I should have checked the receipt instead of blindly putting my faith in their stupid order system.

5. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Apple return policy? I think you’ll be surprised by how much you love them.

dylan and Jason Tate like this.
  6. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

The AirPods are pretty dope. Shame they sound like EarPods for 150 bucks.

dylan likes this.
  7. Literal

#1 Dawg

To add on to what TheBaroness' post, Apple is currently in its holiday return period which ends Jan 8th.

8. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

For some reason texts I send a friend come out all garbled. I get his just fine and my short ones are OK, but anything more than a sentence it gets messed up. Only started happening after iOS11 and happened on my previous phone before I jumped to the 8 Plus. He's literally the only person who has that issue with me.

9. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Hmm is the person you're sending to using an iphone or android? Correct me if i'm wrong here guys but when sending to an android it sends as an sms message which has a 160 character limit before it cuts the text into two messages and sometimes screws things up. No idea if this person is using android or not but when you mentioned it happens on longer messages that's what came to mind.

10. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

They're using an Android, but no one else I message with an Android has this issue and it didn't use to happen until ios11.

11. shea

RIP Supporter

Started getting the weird "i=a?" bug on my Macbook iMessages last night/today, but it's like "A and a stack of horizontal lines" where "i's" should be. Short of moving to High Sierra, I'm up to date with macOS..anybody else getting this? Do I just need to move to HS?

12. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Personally I reckon they sound way better than the EarPods. I’m constantly surprised at how good the sound quality is (though background noise is an issue because of the design)

13. mescalineeyes

bass response is a bit better, but I still feel they could've done more at that price point.

14. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

AirPods and EarPods sound identical but I love them anyway.

15. mescalineeyes

oh come on, credit where credit is due, they're at least a cut above. :)

16. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Assumimg no delays, iPhone X should be in my hands on Saturday! Timed that perfectly with payments.

Chris Yates likes this.
  17. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

My X shipped, should be here by Tuesday! Can't wait for it to get here, I'm so tired of staring at a case I don't have a phone for, ha.

18. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I can't seem to find the utterly annoying feature that continues to adjust my brightness setting on its own.

19. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

General - Accessibility - Display Accomodations - Auto-brightness

carrytheweird likes this.
  20. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Search function in settings is awesome too. Had trouble finding some things too with the new iOS

mescalineeyes and Jason Tate like this.
  21. regardstomyself

I can't seem to justify spending more to get the 8 when I can get the 7. Is there really any substantial difference? I've got the 6 currently that I have had for 3 years and I'm looking to upgrade very soon.

22. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Just do what I did and convince your self that since your going to have to start paying monthly to buy a phone outright anyway you might as well get a X

sean_rugy and Michael Schmidt like this.
  23. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Thank you very much for this. Truly thought I was being dumb or blind looking for this in the Brightness settings.

24. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

It was there before, but for whatever reason they buried it in Accessibility in iOS 11.

25. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I bought a Spigen case and I must say I love how easy the buttons are to press. I've had some cases where the buttons were really hard to press.