Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 299

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

Swipe up diagonally, Rest your Finger for a split second

2. mescalineeyes

So my first day with the X. I already made a fool of myself for asking the guy at the Apple store if they had a case for the X and feeling dumb for not saying 10.

That said this is the nicest phone. Some software still needs to catch up (Facebook is ugly, Instagram looks cluttered) but the hardware is an unadulterated win.

And FaceID? Pure magic. 10/10 would 1000 bucks again.

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Wait we're supposed to call it the iPhone 10? I always call it the iPhone ex haha

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah I say X too

5. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Yeah I believe technically it's iPhone10, although I think a lot of people call it the Iphone X

6. mescalineeyes

X is always 10 when it comes to Apple, at least officially. It's OS 10 and iPhone 10.

but also, y'Caligula? y'in ancient Rome?

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Any advice for when a podcast will not download, or even stream over cellular, in Overcast?

8. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Delete the podcast and resubscribe.

9. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I tried that. The past episodes will play under that podcast, but the one posted yesterday just won't play. I have to assume it's something wrong on their end.

10. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

What podcast?

11. mescalineeyes

Check if overcast is allowed to use cellular data

12. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

13. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

iPhone X made Time's list of "Best Inventions of 2017."

Chris Yates likes this.
  14. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

15. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Sometimes it's honestly just the podcast file and it either needs to be replaced or you just have to wait it out a bit. I had this happen several times when I was listening to This Week In Marvel. Plus their feed would push episodes like 2-3 days after they put them up, too. It was odd haha. I'll also have some show that an episode is 100% downloaded, but the download still fails.

Chris Yates likes this.
  16. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Welp. I reckon I'll be patient and hope it works at some point. I thought at first it was my work wi-fi, but then I tried it over cellular and it didn't work.

17. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Probably an iPhone X glitch. If you downgrade to a 6 it gets rid of thy bug.

18. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I'll try that after I do a complete factory data reset

cwhit likes this.
  19. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

you have to reset the whole factory so it'll make you a working phone instead

20. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Can we delete my post and lock the thread. Nothing will ever top this post.

21. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

So like, when is the HomePod going to be released? December is close!

22. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Same with the iMac Pro.

23. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I went and bought AppleCare on the X. Time to start throwing the phone at the wall

Brenden, Max_123 and pauljgreco like this.
  24. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I wish I was on the IUP just so I could avoid having to call up every year for the prorated refund on AC+. I did that yesterday and it's just an annoying process.

25. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Welp.

Apple’s HomePod delayed until next year
    Apple has delayed the release of its HomePod speaker until 2018. In a statement to The Verge, Apple says that it needs more time to work on the HomePod. “"We can't wait for people to experience HomePod, Apple's breakthrough wireless speaker for the home, but we need a little more time before it's ready for our customers,” an Apple spokesperson said. “We'll start shipping in the US, UK and Australia in early 2018."

sean_rugy likes this.