Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 255

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Podcast app has been garbage for years.

2. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Get Overcast for podcasts. It is way better imo.

3. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

My battery has been crap on both my iphone and watch for a while now. Normally I end the day with half my watch battery left and now it dies in the evening.

4. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

My 6 feels not good since the update

5. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I'll agree with everyone. Go with Overcast for podcasts.
    Mine was a little clunky the first day, but yesterday and today it's felt great. Some of the animations such as in control center still feel a little slow but besides that it's been great.

callumnmacleod likes this.
  6. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Am I missing something or did they do away with being able to turn off auto brightness?

7. Still in settings. Search for it.

8. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Thanks. Weird that it wouldn’t be under display and brightness now.

9. chris-wrecker

Trusted

So it looks like some apps are adding features to be compatible with the “smart invert” full on dark mode would be nice

10. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Apple kinda has to get their own apps fully working with it first. Some of the apps looked terrible with it on, but some are promising.

11. iPhone 8 Is World's Fastest Phone (It's Not Even Close)
    If you’re wondering how all this translates to real-world performance, we have more good news for iPhone 8 shoppers — and bad news for everyone else. To really put the A11 Bionic chip through its paces, we put the same 2-minute video, shot in 4K by a drone, on the iPhone 8, Galaxy Note 8 and Galaxy S8+, and then added the same transitions and effects before exporting and saving the video.

The iPhone 8 finished this strenuous task in just 42 seconds, while the Note 8 took more than 3 minutes. The Galaxy S8+ took more than 4 minutes.

12. bones

#HEEL

The clock isn't displaying on my lock screen since updating, any ideas how to change that?

Jason Tate and Bloodsucker II like this.
  14. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Shout out Keystone at the Crossing!

15. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Phone still shows as pending this morning. I'm going to a store this afternoon on lunch to see what I can pick up. Sprint has botched this preorder for the 8/8Plus, good luck to anyone who tries with the X with them.

16. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

A week and a half ago I was pretty set on upgrading my 7 Plus right away so I removed the slick wrap skin I had on it for the past 10 months. Jesus this thing is slippery. Could really use a glass-backed phone right about now...

17. jorbjorb

7 rings

What if you use it with the apple leather case? That's what I have to give me some minimal protection + grip.

18. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Stop using reason to get me from upgrading my phone, please.

jorbjorb, Micool1 and sean_rugy like this.
  19. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Happy release day to all iPhone 8 buyers!

20. The glass back on this feels amazing - makes the 7 feel cheap

Jason Tate and kidwithhelmet like this.
  21. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Got my Apple TV delivered already. Jesus come on 5:00.

22. Dog with a Blog

Yeesh. The first day I updated the iOS was fantastic. Now I’m on day three and it keeps on freezing and is incredibly sluggish. I’m on a brand new 7+. Guess I just need to wait for a patch :/

23. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

So because of the crazy amount of podcasts I listen to, I'm already a bit annoyed with the watch showing my audio instead of the watch face when I go to look at it. Just went into the app on my phone though and going to General > Wake Screen lets you turn off the auto-launch on audio apps.

This is also using up my battery a bit more. It's been in the red by like 8-9pm. Guess that's what I get for putting it on the oldest watch haha.

Daniel182 likes this.
    wisdomfordebris and morgantayler like this.
  25. jorbjorb

7 rings

GIving Apple Music another try. As soon as I joined my friends family plan all my music that I purchased before got deleted from my library.