Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 212

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I run with AirPods and Apple Watch nearly everyday. It's so freeing to leave my phone behind and have nothing weighing me down.

dylan and sean_rugy like this.
  2. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Upgraded to a 6S. I'm thankful for 128gb instead of 16.

3. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Nothing like dropping a $600 phone the day after you got it. Fuck everything right now.

4. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Don't know where else to post this - any of you guys know the reason why full albums are not uploading from iTunes to my iPhone 6s properly? For example, new Paramore album all downloaded except Told You So, but new Vince Staples only 3 songs downloaded properly and all 9 others have the little cloud symbol next to it.

It's just these two albums that are doing this (new Tyler the Creator album uploaded today from iTunes with zero issues) - why is it happening? I often have low/zero reception so listening to them from the cloud isn't possible.

5. this happens to me all of the time, I normally just delete the whole album then re add it and re download it

PandaBear! likes this.
  6. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Tried it a couple times and it just changes which of the songs it leaves off :tear:

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This happens to me on both my iPhone 6+ as well as my iPod Touch a lot of times. It'll automatically sync via wi-fi, but not all of it always syncs so some of the songs are greyed out.

What's worse is, when I manually sync my iTunes to iPod, the album art never syncs correctly. It always syncs the first album cover in my library, which happens to be an AFI cover. So all my new albums that I sync to my iPod all have the AFI album cover. So frustrating and annoying.

PandaBear! likes this.
  8. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Drives me nuts. I've even reset my whole phone in an attempt to get it to work with no luck. It's literally just those two albums for me - After Laughter and Big Fish Theory - both were purchases from the actual iTunes store too, so you'd think they'd be LESS likely to cause me trouble on an Apple device!!!

9. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

Lol, apparently in 2015 Apple was ordered to pay like $250 million to UW Madison over a patent dispute, and a U.S. judge in Madison just doubled it

10. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

It's a great thing to have music on the watch, but I don't actually use in in practice very often. Best thing to do is load the watch with a ton of music, and just use it as a shuffle-all device. If I want to go for a run and be like "hey, I want to listen to that new so and so album that came out today all of the sudden", it's a little bit of a hassle to get those songs over to the watch. You have to update the play list or make a new one, and have it sync which takes longer than it should. All while making sure it's on its charging dock. I'll still take my phone with me in my back running shorts pocket so I can just listen to whatever easier.

When I do use just the watch it is still a super cool and awesome thing.

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  11. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

The watchOS update in September will have the ability to sync individual albums, so that will be super dope for me.

12. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

This is great news. I don't know why this wasn't the default

Supernova likes this.
  13. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

14. esposimi

Regular Prestigious

Still have a few old iPod's laying around, mainly a 4th gen Touch which I still use in the car.

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

16. On Apple Removing VPN Apps From the App Store in China
    To me, the more interesting question isn’t whether Apple should be selling its products in China, but rather whether Apple should continue to make the App Store the only way to install apps on iOS devices. A full-on “install whatever you want” policy isn’t going to happen, but something like [Gatekeeper] on MacOS could.

Keep iOS App Store-only by default. Add a preference in Settings to allow apps to be downloaded from “identified developers” (those with an Apple developer certificate) in addition to the App Store. In that scenario, the App Store is no longer a single choke point for all native apps on the device.

The App Store was envisioned as a means for Apple to maintain strict control over the software running on iOS devices. But in a totalitarian state like China (or perhaps Russia, next), it becomes a source of control for the totalitarian regime.

17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would be all for iOS apps being available in ways other than the App Store just so China (and potentially Russia) can eat a tiny bit of shit.

18. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Anyone else's 7 plus overheat when using Skype?

It's happened to me 3 times now when Skyping around 30 to 45 minutes.

Anyone got any advice?

I can't use FaceTime as the person I'm talking to doesn't have an iPhone.

19. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Does anybody here know if it’s possible to create custom routes with Apple Maps?

21. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

try putting your phone on battery saver mode? my phone overheats when doing anything but it's totally fine when on that mode

22. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Thanks for the input!

Geez that's lame though. I shouldn't have to do that to make a ~30 min skype call.

23. Skype is a known resource hog.

24. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

What app should I use instead that's not FaceTime?

Thanks in advance.

25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

google hangouts?

Your Milkshake likes this.