Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 211

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Hard for people not to be snarky when it happens every year

Brent likes this.
  2. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

And thank you for your snarky response to my snarky comment about snark

3. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Anybody here own an Airport Express? Was gifted one from a friend for my new apartment. I've heard mixed things

4. I don't have my current iPhone wallpaper saved. Is there a way to do that?

5. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I've had one. It won't set the the world on fire but it's been solid and reliable for years.

6. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

iOS 11 Beta 2 messed up my wife's 7... can't even restore it. Tried everything. Whoops. Nothing wrong with my 6S Plus running it. Just gives me a reason to go up to Raleigh and grab some Cheesecake Factory and go to a sweet park or museum with the kiddo now lol.

Edit: I always put the beta's on whatever I have, because I'm sadistic like that so please hold any "that's what you get" replies lol It's fun for me.

7. Brenden Jul 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 14, 2017)
    Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

There are so much better and not overpriced restaurants in Raleigh than Cheesecake Factory.

8. NERDBIRD

<tweets>

Not really an easy way without creating a custom script. The non-easy way is to navigate to your backup folder on the computer you use to backup your phone. It's UserName/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup ... and there's a lot of unlabeled crap in there, including one file that's your iPhone wallpaper.

Edit: Here's a link to what I'm talking about Is it possible to export the current iPhone wallpaper?

kyle likes this.
  9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

10. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

lol I know but the wife loves it, and I love the bread and pineapple mojitos, so it's whatever. What would you recommend? We'll be by Pullen Park too.

And an update... so I tweeted about it and hastagged #ios11beta and someone told me I can downgrade to 11 beta 1 and then to 10 so I gave that a shot and it worked.

11. I'm posting this from my new 27" iMac and everything is beautiful and amazing.

12. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Picked up the 12" MacBook two weeks ago and I think this might be the best laptop I have ever owned. Best Buy had last year's model down to $1099 and I had a college coupon (hold on to the college email after graduation kids!) for an additional $100 off.

Always said $999 was the perfect price point for the the 12" MacBook.

I probably could have kept using the iPad Pro as my only computer - but I felt that I had to change my workflow to fit the device.

Been trying to find my "forever device" for awhile now and I think I've finally found it with this MacBook.

13. The MacBook definitely should be $999 in my opinion. I think people would love that machine way more at that price point. Especially with the MacBook Pro now at $1299. I really love the design and size of the MacBook.

pauljgreco and Anthony Brooks like this.
  14. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Is it possible to change your account email address in Overcast?

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

feel the same way, I love this macbook.

16. I don't see one. I'd tweet at overcastfm.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  17. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Thinking about downsizing from the 7 to the SE. Nervous that it'll be phased out soon though. Thoughts?

18. I don't see them refreshing the SE but it would be cool if they did!

19. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Didn't they refresh it pretty recently? Maybe it was just increased storage.
    Idk about you but the SE isn't really missing any rumored key features that would convince me to get an 8 or whatever in the future. At least not right away. that said, i reaaally wish they'd just add a 4" option to the current lineup.

20. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Just read that they don't plan on refreshing it (it just got a storage bump this year, base is now 32GB) - but so far I have no complaints regarding mine. I upgraded to the SE from an iPhone 6 and the SE is MUCH faster. I plan on holding on to mine until Fall of 2018 - want to wait and see what Apple carries over to the normal phones from this years iPhone 8 or Anniversary edition.

21. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I wish they did update the SE. My mom just got one after her 5 basically was filled for years because she gets the cheapest.

I'm dreading the day it becomes obsolete and she complains about it because new phones are too big for her.

ZooZooChaCha likes this.
  22. Sale on Transit 5, the best S/FTP client for the Mac. If anyone is interested.
    Seven years after the first release of Transmit 4, our well-loved and widely-used macOS file transfer app, we sat down with an incredibly exhaustive list of ideas, and — this’ll sound like I’m exaggerating but I’m mostly sure I’m not — we did it all.

With one massive update we’ve brought everyone’s favorite file-transferring truck into the future with more speed, more servers, more features, more fixes, a better UI, and even Panic Sync. Everything from the core file transfer engine to the “Get Info” experience was rethought, overhauled, and improved.

23. Acorn also got an update:
    For a number of years, text on a path has been our number one feature request and we finally got to deliver it with version 6. Acorn has always had great text support; it handles unicode effortlessly, and you can have multiple font faces and weights in a single text block. You can even have emoji as part of your text block. All of these same features work perfectly with text on a path. Inline editing, selection, etc- it just works. And it was a ton of fun to code on as well. Buy me a beer someday and I’ll spill the details on how I coded it.

We also implemented our number two feature request, clone tool improvements. You can now select any layer as a clone source (bitmap layers, a group of layers, even shape layers) and then clone to any other layer, or even another image. We also added stamping to the clone tool, which works by holding down the shift key when you click on your image.

If you're looking for an image editor this is a good one.

24. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Questionable Rumor Says Apple May Introduce New iPhone SE at Event in Late August

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ..."August event" seems odd, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Christian Romero likes this.
  25. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

AirPods have gotten me back in to running on a more regular schedule for the first time in years. Leaving my phone behind while still having GPS tracking and music are the two things making seriously consider picking up a Watch.

Supernova and himynameisiain like this.