Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 210

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I was just in Montana for a week and got to play around with my friends (catching up completely on Game of Thrones) and really dug that everything is right there and accessible. Hmm.. looks like that'll be my next purchase, along with a new glass screen for my 6s.

2. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Apple TV is the best, definitely worth it

billyboatman likes this.
  3. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

That’s hard to believe, I have to charge them infrequently but more than that. I use them a ton, though.

4. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Prestigious

Wonder if he's talking full charge from the case they come in. That's a little easier to wrap my head around.

I have headphones in all day at work so I'll be charging these a few times a week, easy.

5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Do you have a lot of movies/shows purchased on iTunes? Do you want to stream material on your iPhone's browser and have it play on your TV? Would you like your hear music on your iTunes be played from your TV?

If you answer "yes" to those then I would say it's worth it.

billyboatman likes this.
  6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

With all of my movies and shows on iCloud, I don't think i've even used more than 3GB of my 32GB. The only apps I have are the typical streaming services, weather, and fitness.

7. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Apple TV is great - I have a PS4, but the streaming options are pretty limited on it since they want you to buy PS Vue. So I strictly use that for gaming and do all my TV watching / streaming on the Apple TV.

The interface on the Apple TV is probably the easiest to use - found Fire TV to be WAAYYY to cluttered and of course they just pushed Amazon content on you non-stop.

pauljgreco likes this.
  8. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

That's what I was afraid of with the Fire TV. Was considering it being the cheaper option, but as invested as I am in the Apple ecosystem spending that little bit extra seems to be worth it.

9. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Starting to have problems with my iPod classic. I rarely update it with music and leave it in the car, but songs are starting to get random artwork from other songs from on the iPod that don't go with it at all. Does this mean the hard drive on it is failing?

10. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

If there is one complaint I have about the Apple TV it is the remote design. Can't tell you how many times I've picked it up and it is the wrong side up. Minor annoyance, but its annoying.

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I wouldn't say it's your hard drive failing because this issue has happened to people with new devices. There are multiple ways that people have fixed it so I'll just tag this link and you can decide on which method you'll use.

Album art all messed up | Official Apple Support Communities

13. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

14. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

The new payment option brings PayPal's One Touch service to Apple accounts for the first time, meaning users can purchase from all Apple devices including Apple TV and Apple Watch, since they don't have to sign in every time they want to make a transaction. PayPal said the system provides a "secure and versatile payment method to meet the growing demand for digital entertainment."

15. kidwithhelmet

iOS 11 Public Beta 2 is available as of yesterday afternoon. Nothing huge, mostly bug fixes and increased stability.

I still have some tiny errors with my iPad but nothing too crazy.

16. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

So far so good with the iPhone SE - small keyboard is a little tough to get used to at first. However, everything is really snappy on it.

Tmobile has so far been a shitshow of frustration. Service is great - but the people in the store have zero clue what they are doing. I think they change up the promos so often that they just get confused - so a bunch of stuff got messed up on our account setup. Thankfully their customer service department over the phone is VERY helpful and nice. They (hopefully) fixed all of the stuff the store messed up.

js977 likes this.
  17. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

So what kind of weight should we be putting into the iPhone 8 having issues rumors?

18. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

None.

19. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

H..how?

20. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Haha, I guess I just don't use them as much as I thought. The case they come in is just too awesome.

21. kidwithhelmet Jul 13, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 13, 2017)
    kidwithhelmet

Is there any way to calibrate AirPods?

Like, I live in the 80% - 100% volume range with these when listening to anything on Apple Music. Anything below 50% might as well just be 0% because it's basically inaudible. Currently have the EQ off and listening to an album that really thumps as reference. On the other end of the spectrum, listening to a podcast on Audible at 50% is louder than max volume Apple Music. So idk if it's just me, or what the deal is. Maybe they aren't fitting in my ear properly? I do feel like they sound more robust if I stuff them into my ear a little more, but you could say the same for any earbud. They definitely feel plenty secure when in my ear though. I'm not an audiophile by any stretch either.

I really like these in my desk job workspace setting. At the office, having top drawer sound output isn't much of a factor. I spend portions of the day with only 1 earbud in to remain accessible to my peers, and with collared bluetooth headphones they can start to slip and sag off my neck. Especially if I'm wearing a t-shirt rather than a polo. Also, I love how clearly I can hear others around me when they are in-ear and the volume is turned off, negating the need to remove them when somebody is talking to me. And then obviously all the other great benefits of staying a part of the Apple ecosystem with my other Apple devices.

But I'm not sure I can justify $160 earbuds if I need to switch to a more powerful set to listen to music at an appropriate level. I totally get that these aren't intended for the high end, but I feel like something is wrong when spoken word sounds fuller and more complete than my music. I'm conflicted.

22. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I’m beginning to think that 6s and above should have been the benchmark for iOS 11. It is so bad on my 6 but it’s nearly flawless on my iPad mini 2.

pauljgreco likes this.
  23. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I did until about a month or so ago when they meade me connect a card instead.

24. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Or there's the likely scenario where it runs fine on your phone once it's no longer in beta form.

coleslawed and Christian Romero like this.
  25. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

True, thanks for the snark lol