Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 2

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

My folder is called "Don't Need" heh.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Ha. That's pretty accurate for a lot of them..

3. I put mine in a folder with the little Apple logo icon thing.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  4. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like the iPad Air 3 could be announced in March. Curious to see what they're going to add to it.

5. Force touch, maybe Pencil support ... off the top of my head.

6. @Thomas Nassiff Nice rec of "Copied" -- really a great way to get things from iOS to my Mac. A shared clipboard across all the devices is really cool.

7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

That makes sense. Been thinking about getting an iPad lately. I had one of the earlier models before they went to the Air. The Pro looks awesome, just not sure I want to pull the trigger on that one, considering how heavily I use my Macbook Pro.

8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Will have to check this out. Having a shared clipboard across all of my Apple devices sounds pretty amazing.

9. I really like my Air 2. I use it almost every night on the couch/in bed to read, catch up on the news, twitter, and things like that. It's a really great device.

10. It's nice for all the times I need to send something from one to the other and that damn AirDrop doesn't work. It's been pretty great for sending links and such to the clipboard and is really fast.

11. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome. Right now will kind of depend on what they do with the Air 3, but if there aren't a lot of new features that I feel like I "need," I may just try and find a less expensive Air 2.
    Ha I can't say I've used much of AirDrop at all. Just downloaded the app on my phone, so will be checking this out.

12. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

How do you feel about "long-distance" wireless charging?

13. I hope the tech has improved a lot since I last looked at it. Also I can't believe how out of context that author quoted Tim Cook.

14. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, just based purely off speculation, if we get a new form factor without the 3.5 with the iPhone 7 this year, then next year that could make sense about the wireless charging with the 7S. I'm always curious as to what new thing is going to be added with each iteration. Haha and then I have to generally hear about how Android had this a long time ago when it gets brought up among peers.

15. It must grind their gears that really no one cares. Haha.

I really liked this piece from Stratechery:
    Apple’s increasing monopoly on the high-end of the market is creating a virtuous cycle that ensures they will own the high-end indefinitely. From an app perspective, new and updated apps launch first on iOS, which means people who care buy iPhones, which means future new and updated apps launch first on iOS. From a component perspective, Apple is increasingly the only manufacturer that can even afford to buy the best components, and they have massive scale which ensures they get first dibs on what is new. This, of course, further solidifies Apple’s hold on the high end, which only strengthens their position with component manufacturers further. From a broader hardware perspective, Apple’s scale means their costs are lower than any potential competitors, which means their investment in new technology like 3D Touch can be commensurately higher, which again, solidifies their hold on the high end, which increases their scale even more.

16. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

@Jason Tate Haha exactly. But yeah, that was a good read. I remember when Apple introduced the TouchID, and one of the first responses I got to that one was how Motorola did that several years back. Haha I remember one of my friends had that Atrix phone (I think that was the one), and how that fingerprint sensor was the most finicky thing I've ever seen, at least with his. And then with the iPhone a couple years later, it works flawlessly. I don't have a lot of experience with some of those phones, but my sister got a Samsung Galaxy a while back, and the amount of bloatware that was pre-installed on it was pretty incredible.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. I think we are a few years away from the iPad having force touch

18. Super helpful there iTunes.

[​IMG]

Can't add songs directly from Apple Music into a playlist? Nice.

Jacob Tender likes this.
  19. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

LOL. Monthly playlists for new music is a good idea. I do yearly to keep track of albums but this may help too.

20. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I read about it online, but never went to the store to check them out since I wasn't interested at the time, but was at Best Buy the other day, and wow, those iPad Air 2's are really nice. Gorgeous display, and super thin.

21. wait till march

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Yep that's the plan right now. See what they add to the new one, and then depending on that, may try and get the Air 2 at a discount.

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

24. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like Siri may be coming to the Mac OS this fall.

25. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

And latest rumor now is a smaller iPad Pro, instead of an Air 3.