Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 188

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I have a couple of the color ones including a Go Light. Occasionally I'll use some of the colors but more often than not I'm just using different shades of white/yellow. If you really want color in a couple lights I say go for it, but for a majority i'd recommend the normal ones or the white ambiance ones that let you change the shades of white.

2. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Anyone with the AirPods using them when they run outside? Does using the AirPods and the watch (and no phone) work well?

4. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Too scared to mess em up with sweating. I used them to lift last night tho..

Man do I love them, almost feel lost if I don't have them with me.

5. Michael Schmidt

I ask bc the idea of running with music is cool, but all of the gadgets and wires looks annoying so I haven't yet. Also, some guy back in December ran a 10k with the AirPods in and he said they worked. His test doesn't account for different sweat amounts and ear size though.

6. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Yessir!

drewinseries likes this.
  7. rxbandit89

I run and lift with them constantly. I have yet to have them fall out, and so far they don't seem any worse for the wear. I absolutely love them - they're in my ears right now.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  8. drewinseries

Drew

Good to hear since we already ordered the monitors!

Thaaaanks

9. Michael Schmidt

That's awesome to hear. I'm not sure exactly how to describe it to you, but when you run is there a lot of outside noise or interference? I realize the pods aren't noise cancelling, but do you find they get the job done? I think truly cordless earphones that connect to my watch is the only way I get into music while running bc I won't actually have to add anything to my body.

10. rxbandit89

For me, they do a really good job of covering up the sounds of the outside world. I could unerstand how that might vary from person to person depending on how well they fit in the ear, and how loud you listen to music. I'm probably going a little deaf from all the punk rock over the years, too. haha.

In regards to interference, I have yet to hear static or lose a connection once. I can be rooms away in my apartment from my phone and they stay connected.

If you're going to run with them though, make sure you don't have them so loud you can't hear what's going on around you!

But yea, I can't stress enough how much I love these things.

Michael Schmidt and Jason Tate like this.
  11. drewinseries

Drew

I've kind of stayed away from apple since I built my home desktop, but with work getting me a new macbook pro, I'm excited to have a mac that is not a 2009 netflix machine.

I usually work on linux machines but I am enjoying coding/working on a mac now.

12. I saw this sport strap going around the Apple nerd community for anyone that is afraid of them falling out while running. But I walk and run with them daily, and I can jump up and down pretty hard before they ever come out.

[​IMG]

Christian Romero likes this.
  13. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Pretty cool idea. I'm impressed that you've had such good luck without something like this though. Makes me more partial to buying them.

14. rxbandit89

So I bought some CDs over the last few weeks: I picked up the deluxe edition of California, Interalia, and found used copies of Slapstick, Senses Fail, and Acceptance albums. Despite having Apple Music and mostly enjoying it, I still can't pass up the opportunity to comb through liner notes and artwork. There's something about having that snapshot of history, right?

Anyway, so this morning I import all of these into my iTunes collection and plugged my phone in to sync them. It looks like since I'm subscribed to Apple Music, I can't import music from my iTunes library. It's not that big of a deal, since all of these releases are available on Apple Music; but it blows my mind that I would have to disable iCloud Music Library on my phone, deleting all the downloaded albums, in order to get something on my phone that isn't in Apple Music.

I can't for the life of me understand why it works this way, and why using iCloud Music Library changes album artwork you have provided yourself. Those seem like two absolutely insane design decisions if you're even considering the appeal of the service to anyone who is more than a casual music fan.

I'm not sure if this has come up previously in this thread, so my bad if this has already been harped on. I just needed to vent a bit.

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  15. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

So I have an iMac but my wife has an old MacBook Pro that I'd like to use as a laptop. If I set up my Apple ID on it will it basically be the same.

16. rxbandit89

Your messages, photos, Safari settings, and all that sort of stuff will come over automatically. Is that what you're getting at, or what is it you mean by "be the same"?

17. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Yes. I'm assuming only iCloud or other cloud services is the way to have the same documents on them.

18. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I just encountered this same issue today(except mine for Fallout 4 DLC OST tracks not available to purchase anywhere., but I digress). I currently only have iCloud Music Libary enabled on my phone and not my desktop. Would I have to turn it on on my desktop, let it do what it does to sync all the songs, and wait for those songs that are on my desktop now to show up on my phone? I didn't want to enable it on my Desktop for the fact that it will screw and chop my library with unnecessary changes as you said. I know they made an update awhile back that made this a much better process, but it still worries me.

I'm currently in my 3mo free trial of Apple Music as I've been loyal to Spotify for years. Only reason I wanted to try Apple Music was that I got a new car with a touchscreen that shows album artwork of the songs you're playing if you're wired in. On Spotify, it will show the artwork but wont show the meta data. If I have Apple Music or iTunes local files saved to my library, it shows the artwork and metadata as it should. I'm super OCD about this and like hearing the song, and being able to just look down and seeing the artwork and metadata as it's suppose to work. Also Apple Music does sound a bit crisper than Spotify. Seems the bass has a slighter crisper and more pronounced kick to it than Spotify.

Not sure if I will keep Apple Music as I do love a lot of things about Spotify over Apple Music, but most likely I will end up having both for awhile until(if ever) I make a decision on which to keep.

19. rxbandit89

You and I must have a LOT in common. I have my stuff set up the exact same way.

What I did in this instance was turn off iCloud Music Library on my phone and synced everything over from my iTunes library again.

You can turn on iCloud Music library again from there if you want to download music from Apple music, but for the time being I'm just streaming everything. I'm usually on wifi wherever I am, and it feels good to have all my organization intact again.

20. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

It seems so. I may give that method a go when I get home.

And another note about Spotify vs AM quality, I just tested Wolf Alice's "Moaning Lisa Smile" on each service back to back on a good system and man, Apple Music sounds much crisper. Spotify doesn't sound bad by any means and I was never unhappy with the quality, but hearing the comparison makes it apparent AM is superior in quality.

21. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

I love my AirPods a lot but wow does siri really really suck

pauljgreco likes this.
  22. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Anyone else have trouble with Apple Music? Unless I'm on LTE, I always have trouble getting songs to load. It happens on my home and work wifi.

23. jorbjorb

7 rings

apple leather case has lasted me 3 years so far

Christian Romero likes this.
  24. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Anybody had any service issues with their phone after the latest update? Right after it was done I could no longer send or receive calls. Already tried Verizon and nothing they did worked. Sooooks

25. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah every once in a while it just takes forever