Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 186

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah it keeps happening to me in Overcast. Maybe a few times yesterday and once today already.

2. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I have a question I need second opinions on. For the first time ever I'm gonna start streaming music, and I'm not sure whether to pick Apple Music or Spotify. My girlfriend has Spotify, and I like it, but I also have an iPhone 7 and wonder if the music catalogs are relatively the same. Also, does Apple Music work more seamlessly with my phone?

3. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

AM over here. It just makes sense when you have an iPhone. I used Spotify when I had a Samsung and immediately missed my iPhone and AM, even after a year I ditched it as soon as I could and couldn't be happier to be back.

There are some things on Spotify that aren't on AM though. Most recently, the Green Day tribute is a Spotify special, so form time to time you'll run into that kind of stuff.

4. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Streaming quality is the same? I read somewhere once that Spotify is higher at 320k whilst AM is 256k.

5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I have an iphone 7 and prefer Spotify. I think I'm one of the few on this thread though, haha.

6. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

That sounds about right, I haven't ever paid attention though. I use AM as a way to decide if I want to buy the record or not, and then have it on the fly when I'm out and about. Otherwise I listen primarily on my turn table.

7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

8. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

iPhone 6s and Spotify fan over here. I had Spotify before AM launched though and never wanted to make the transition. I've had absolutely no reason to change.

9. I prefer Apple Music, especially because I don't need two separate apps on my phone. And I think the Apple Music app looks a lot nicer. Have you done the free three month trial for Apple Music?

10. carrytheweird May 19, 2017
    (Last edited: May 20, 2017)
    carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Going with the AM 3 months for now. Gonna compare streaming quality with the lady friend's phone a couple times and see what's good. Kind of mean I suppose but hey, they offered.

Christian Romero likes this.
  11. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

I've been having the same issue while using Overcast too

12. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I'm starting to largely notice it happening in Overcast and maybe 1-2 other apps. Definitely feel like it's a software bug and not a problem with my battery.

13. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I had been having issues with overcast crashing when I opened it but I know the developer had been trying to create a work around for something that caused issues with the app. Haven't had that issue recently and knew it was a know issue

coleslawed and Christian Romero like this.
  14. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I think that fix was just released the other day. The issue for me is like it's restarting my phone and taking me back to the lock screen when it's done.

15. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

That iOS11 vision is a lot of text for something not going to happen.

16. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I've been trying to find some info on iOS 11 so I don't get any rude surprises with my app. Most of the reading I've done suggest it's geared more towards iPad which is good. Out of curiosity for those who have an iPad, how often do you use it and when? What do you use it for? I guess that's kind of broad but for most cases I imagine using an iPad I'd rather just use my macbook, ya know?

17. Deanna May 20, 2017
    (Last edited: May 20, 2017)
    Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Looks like it has been Overcast crashing my phone.

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I got that 3 times today :/

19. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

also been having issues with Overcast not cacheing (I think? doesn't remember what was playing when paused from control center. I have to go back into the app and find the podcast I was listening to).

20. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I don't think I've had this issue. But it looks like Marco fixed it and has an update pending. Glad I didn't waste time at the Apple Store when support told me to go replace my battery haha.

21. Been having a lot of weird issues with Overcast lately, good to hear that an update is in the pipeline. Awesome that you can always count on Marco to fix the app when it's acting up.

Deanna likes this.
  22. Got some hue lights set up today

Dave Diddy and Jason Tate like this.
  23. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Came in here to tell you that.

Deanna likes this.
  24. You get ones that can do colors and make your room a dj roomba?