Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 172

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Do most people here generally install updates the day of release? I've been burned a couple times doing that and always wait a week or two before diving in.

2. I've done just about everything I can think of besides take it in to see if the entire bluetooth hardware needs to be replaced at this point. I've seen a lot of people talk about the issue on some support forums as well.

I like the Magic Mouse so I don't want to get a full different mouse, but, god damn.

beachdude42 likes this.
  3. Something with bluetoothd just crashes, I can see it in the console logs, but I can't figure out what is doing it or what combination of other bluetooth devices around may be causing it.

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Has anyone heard anything about, or experienced, issues with the iPhone 7 plus battery? Since about Thursday my battery has been draining super rapidly and my phone gets really hot. I haven't been doing anything differently. I just haven't had time to take it to the Apple Store

5. Alec Joy

Regular Prestigious

did you recently turn on the photo processing or move a bunch of pictures on to/off of your phone?

6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

It seems to be REALLY common with Macs, and for me it happens with every device I've tried. Resetting the Bluetooth module and deleting the Bluetooth system files usually fixes my issue for a day or less, but never permanently. Let me know if you ever find a fix.

7. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Moved some stuff to google photos. Which is when this started happening. I figured it had something to do with that but I didn't find any info about it

8. Alec Joy

Regular Prestigious

if you put a bunch of stuff in photos it might be uploading all of it, only thing I can think of

9. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Thanks. I'll look into that

10. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I notice when my battery gets low on my Magic Mouse and keyboard that it disconnects and reconnects a lot.

11. Switching from Evernote to the Apple Notes app for all of my school notes. I love how simplistic the Apple Notes app is

12. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Really glad Theater Mode exists now. Going to use it all the time at concerts.

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. disambigujason Mar 27, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 28, 2017)
    disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

does it have any sort of organization/folder system? sounds almost too simple haha. i used evernote pretty religiously in college and loved it, though i had some minor gripes. i use OneNote now because its more flexible but it also annoys the hell out of me sometimes.

14. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I started using Bear quite a bit! Evernote started to frustrate me

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. Evernote is just super complicated. For Apple notes I've just made a file called "2017 Spring" then had all of my notes for one class in one note, like this. Its actually nice but I guess I'll see how much I like it after a few days of using it. There are no shortcuts for a bulleted list which bums me, though.

Attached Files:

js977 likes this.
  16. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Damn, I've been using Evernote for the last few years and think it's great. Everyone here is making me feel like I've been making things harder on myself! I have the paid version that let's me drop files right into my notes, and I have a couple of templates made for regular meetings and stuff. Anyone have any specific input on what Endnote, Bear, etc do that Evernote won't and vice versa? Always looking for ways to be more efficient.

17. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

If you go into google photos, and under the 'Assistant' option, click on where it may say Backup Complete. Unselect the back up & sync option and it will prevent your photos from uploading in the background. You can also Unselect the bottom options to only upload when on WiFi.

18. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I had a dream I had an Apple Watch last night, maybe it's time.

Jason Tate and Daniel182 like this.
  19. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Only reason I stopped using Evernote was bc OneNote (I didn't mean to say endnote in my first post) lets you move stuff around the page which was better for what Im doing now. I don't find Evernote complicated but it seems like they were trying to fill it with social features and whatnot and I just never used any of it. Bear looks pretty nice but struck me as more of a journaling app than note taking.

Christian Romero likes this.
  20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Thanks!

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Same thing happened to me. Mine arrives today. So excited.

Christian Romero and sean_rugy like this.
  22. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Agreed with Bear. I'm not using it for any heavy note taking, just definitions and a few other things for school.
    I do like tagging the notes though (ex.#ECO220 for my economics class)

js977 likes this.
  23. I'd recommend Bear to most people. I'd use it if my flat text file system wasn't so engrained in my brain for me to switch though. I just love the portability of flat, simple, stupid, text files. I can do anything with them, make them look how I want, and don't have to worry ever about losing them.

pauljgreco and js977 like this.
  24. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

think i may check it out then; trying out new productivity apps is always a good time. that and onenote really does bug the crap out of me.

25. Jason Tate Mar 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 28, 2017)
    There's always a lot of decisions about what kinda writing app you want. Quick notes, long form, multi-device, etc.

Editorial, Ulysses, Drafts, Bear, 1Writer, nvNotes ... alternote.

So many different options out there.

Currently I use Drafts for basic fast note taking, and then spit anything longer into a flat markdown text file in Dropbox. Then I can access that/search through them all on any device and pick an editor to edit them (editorial on iPad, Textmate 2 on the mac).

This lets me also use taskpaper files basically anywhere (at text based task management system that I use mostly for tracking development work).