Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 10

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Anyone else using Apple Music on iOS ever had the issue of trying to open one specific album page, and that album crashing the entire app? For me that album is "Kaleidoscope Dream" by Miguel, which is a shame because it's one of my favorite contemporary R&B albums. I've tried pretty much everything to fix it, yet trying to open that album crashes the app every single time, starting a few days ago. What a strange bug.

3. Yesterday, anytime I tapped the "+" to add a record to my collection, the checkmark appeared and the "+" was replaced with the cloud, only to revert back to the "+" seconds after.

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

For the longest time the newest TSSF album cause my phone to crash whenever I hit play. I even deleted and added back after some time and it still did that. I think it took another major update for it to be fixed.

beachdude42 likes this.
  5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah it's pretty strange. Overall I like Apple Music a lot, but I've encountered several weird bugs like that over my use of it.

6. [​IMG]

schlotty likes this.
  7. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I knew someone would say something but not going hide it that it was that album.

8. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

The mbpr that I bought in September has started randomly making a grinding noise on the right side below the keyboard. I can feel it grinding when it happens. I've go so far as to wipe the hard drive but it still happens. Any idea what it could be? I don't want to have to drive 90 minutes for a genius bar appointment because I know, with my luck, it won't happen while I'm at the store.

Edit: not exactly expecting a reply- just posting to subscribe.

9. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Well looks like they found a way into the San Bernardino iPhone.

10. Does it have a solid state drive or platter? It sounds like the fan is messed up though. Which they should be able to clean and fix.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  11. Shocker. I never thought it was about one phone but about the legal case. And they were gettkng their asses kicked there IMO.

12. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Solid state drive

13. My guess is the fan got something stuck in it or has an issue then.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  14. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Okay. I'll set an appointment up then. Thanks for the advise!

15. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I need to read up on it all more. You think it's all settled and done for now? I imagine at some point down the road the encryption thing will be brought back up again.

16. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I'm glad the government was able to break into this. And I'm also glad that Apple refused and are trying to make it harder to break their encryption.

17. jorbjorb

7 rings

I'm curious how the government got into the phone though :S.

18. fixius

Regular Supporter

I agree. But in the end it's basically the best case scenario for Apple honestly. They avoid any sort of court case, the general public who followed the narrative of Apple not helping the government with terrorists can rest easy, and then I would presume with iOS 10 Apple is going to make even more impossible to get into phones without the proper code.

19. If they did, my guess is a zero-day exploit. I also think it's rich they refuse to tell anyone how or even if they found anything on the phone though.

jorbjorb likes this.
  20. Right, considering the whole issue what "just about this phone."

21. This whole case makes me really angry. Cause it seems so obvious the FBI flat out was lying to everyone about this.

22. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Does anyone know how to check your purchase history without iTunes in front of you currently? I got a weird charge to my paypal from ITunes that I don't remember making. Just want to Figure it out before I forget when I get home.

23. There are precedents for that. It's all pretty shady, but kudos to Cook and his team for standing up on the world's behalf.

Jason Tate likes this.
  24. Depends how long ago it was ... the Report a Problem page will give you like the last X number I think.

25. fixius

Regular Supporter

If you have an iPhone you could go to iTunes on there and then "Purchased" under the More icon to see your Most Recent purchases in Music, Movies and TV Shows...