Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Updates AirPods

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Apple has updated their AirPods:

Apple today announced new AirPods, the second generation of the world’s most popular wireless headphones. AirPods revolutionized the wireless audio experience with a breakthrough design and the new AirPods build on the magical experience customers love. The new Apple-designed H1 chip, developed specifically for headphones, delivers performance efficiencies, faster connect times, more talk time and the convenience of hands-free “Hey Siri.” AirPods come with either a standard charging case or a new Wireless Charging Case for convenient charging at home and on the go.

I use mine every single day and they’re one of my favorite purchases in a long time. Holding out to upgrade until the battery dies or they release them in black though.

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

No improvements on battery life?

I personally gravitate towards Jaybird for wireless earbuds. Mainly because I run a lot and AirPods just don't do it for me when I'm active. The right earbud liked to pop out on me, which is why I decided against AirPods. Plus, the battery life, water/sweat proof, and quick charging capabilities of my Jaybirds are so awesome. I put those things through the damn ringer.

With that said...I really don't understand the slow updates with the AirPods, especially since Apple likes to pump out yearly updates on other products and can afford to do so, whereas Jaybird pumps out new versions regularly and for a specific market.

It would at least be nice to see some different colorways for AirPods.

awakeohsleeper and bobsheiskawy like this.
  3. bloodinthesand

Regular

Beoplay E8 and Master and Dynamic MW07 absolutely crush these

4. I love the dedication in every AirPod thread. :crylaugh:

DutchDynamite and Gen Handley like this.
  5. Delysid

Regular

Was about to buy some and then got irrationally paranoid about this idea that Bluetooth headphones might subject users to extra radiation (though it’s impossible to escape entirely) I don’t know I’m sick of the umbilical cord adapter for my normal headphones and Bluetooth always works flawlessly. Might just have to go for it

6. AMC

Regular

I bought a random Bluetooth pair on Amazon for 30 bucks. Compared them to my buddies airpods and couldn't tell the difference at all. Haha
    He was pissed as well after he tried mine.

7. Now walk into a room past three walls and leave your phone in the first and see what happens.

8. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

Now compare the prices.

I don't have airpods or iPhone at all but saying something that costs double is better is silly.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  9. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

I’m with you Jason. I wear my AirPods for 8+ hours a day and have no problems.

There’s some purchases you get way more out of them then you paid. $160 is a decent number for something so small, but it’s been worth every penny.

This update seems incredibly lame, though. There’s a lot of potential for what Apple can do with their AirPods, this is the most basic level of stuff. Bit disappointed, but glad it’s not so much good stuff that I’d have to buy a new pair! Lol

10. DutchDynamite

Don't live your life like a sad country song

Your dedication, you mean? ;)

11. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

We’re all gonna die of something brother

Delysid likes this.
  12. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

The range of my AirPods astounds me.

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. theredline

Trusted Supporter

14. AMC

Regular

Touche. I have not tried that. I'm thinking I will be disappointed. Ha

15. MJap

I really love to run with music but I've had horrible luck with the bluetooth connectivity with my Freedoms and two pair of X3s - a skip or so every minute when I'm outside. I'm assuming you've had better luck? Which model are you on?

I switched over to AirPods and love the connectivity but wouldn't mind going back to something more rugged if Jaybird could promise me a better connection.

16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I remember my x2’s having some issues with a skip when it was rainy out, but it wasn’t bad.

I have the new Tarah Pros. I haven’t had any issues. They have new Run 2 earbuds too with improved battery life and quick charge. I’m not sure about the connectivity on those though.

MJap likes this.
  17. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Mine are arriving Wednesday. Stoked.

18. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Good thing your mobile phone is mobile so you can take it with you!

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Ok. I’m all in on the SC EP1. Been listening in the car and it makes a huge difference lol