Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Unveils New Apple Music Design

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Today at WWDC, along with a bunch of other announcements, Apple unveiled a “top to bottom” re-thinking of the iOS version of Apple Music:

Apple Music has an all-new design, bringing greater clarity and simplicity to every aspect of the experience. It uses a new design language that allows the music to become the hero and a new structure that makes it easy to navigate and discover new music. The Library, For You, Browse and Radio tabs have been completely redesigned to provide an even greater sense of place, and we’ve added a Search tab to make finding music even easier. All of these changes come together to create a design that is clear and intuitive. iOS 10 features a redesigned News app with a new For You, organized into distinct sections that make it easier to find stories, support for breaking news notifications and paid subscriptions.

I haven’t played around with it yet, but my first impressions are positive. The navigation is definitely better.

2. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I'm not as bothered by the fonts as most people seem to be, and I'm happy with the lyric integration. Also like the addition of recently added/played and the downloaded section. Overall though I don't think this update will change my experience too much, I didn't have too many complaints with the current iteration.

llllllllllllllll likes this.
  3. The only complaint I have is how the music screen looks like iOS 6. Looks better the way it is now.

4. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I just thought the titles were way too big considering the section you're in is highlighted in the nav bar below. Like when they showed Library, it had text taking up 1/2 of the screen and then Recently Played (or whatever the exact section title was). So I'm hoping they allow you to change the font size like many apps seem to already.

5. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Yea, I mean I personally prefer the way it all looks now. At the very least it's a very attractive app as it is, but the introduction of more black and new formatting looks better than I thought it would. I do hope we can reduce the font size too though.

6. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I'm trying to wait for the beta before I set anything in stone about it, but it was more the font size than anything else that bugged me. I think functionality will be better, even though I didn't have too many issues previously. My concern is not seeing how it looks on Mac.

js977 likes this.
  7. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Aside from the bold it looks way better than the current, and even the bold isn't that bad

8. DearCory

Regular

Ditch the bold and it would be so much better

Deanna likes this.
  9. jellyfishfossil

Regular

There are so many things going on in the new iMessages app. I have a feeling that bugs will be everywhere.

10. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I have the dev beta on my iPad Air 2 and the font still feels too big for my liking with the headers and whatnot.