Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Preview New Emoji

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Oh cool more things I won't be able to see on Android

Raku, CMilliken and austingordon like this.
  3. jorbjorb

7 rings

holy crap that brown face with the beard is exactly me

4. lolfpcmlol

Regular

I'm not quite sure why we need the breast feeding emoji. Are people sharing that information so often that we need a quick button press to represent it?

Raku likes this.
  5. This can be said about most emojis. They're just supposed to be fun, don't think about it too much!

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

It’s as natural as a smile. Why not have it?

truelovewaits and KidLightning like this.
  7. lolfpcmlol

Regular

I suppose so. this one just seemed to be addressing either a need or a complaint and i was just looking for another perspective. I am a guy so i honestly dont know how much info mom's share. I was more curious than anything.

Raku, Mr. Serotonin and KidLightning like this.
  8. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

If you're a woman who is actively breastfeeding (or the partner of one) then you might be. As someone who recently had kids and has a lot of friends and coworkers around the age where they're having kids – or thinking about having, or not having, kids – breastfeeding is a fairly normal topic of conversation.

Things like emoji can also help to normalize the topic and make it seem not so weird to talk about, as it often seems to be seen at least here in the US.

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Dragon’s don’t exist, neither do aliens or ghosts, there are at least 10 train emoji and multiple doubled up emoji. It fits in, fine and will definitely be used by mothers;

10. dammit! i needed that zebra one TODAY with that new snapchat filter that makes you look like a zebra... i had to settle with the horse emoji. FUCK!

11. dorfmac

Trusted

Is that one princess Zelda or galadriel?

Raku likes this.
  12. I've wanted the puke emoji for years

Raku likes this.