Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Music Launches “Friends Mix”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Apple Music has launched a new “Friends Mix” that will give you a list of 25 songs each week based on the listening habits of people you follow on the service. You can find this in the “For You” section of Apple Music. My “Friends Mix” looks basically exactly like you’d expect.

If you want my spins showing up in your mix, feel free to follow me here. It’s been a lot of punk music lately.

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

This is a really, really cool idea. I've always wanted streaming platforms to allow for more "social interaction" between subscribers. The ability to make mixes (and do things like cutting down silence at the end of a track to make the transitions feel smoother), share them, add commentary to each track, etc. could really change the way people perceive and use the services.

So. This is a start, I guess. Hopefully Spotify apes this idea soon...

Jason Tate and CMilliken like this.
  3. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

That Canyon number!

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. Tylar

This is pretty rad! So when is this available for everyone? It’s not on my Apple Music “For You” yet

5. Supposedly it’s been rolling out all week to users.

6. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

This is a cool feature. Unfortunately, I dropped Apple Music because Spotify integrated with all of my devices. Here's hoping other services pick this up.

7. Sal Mastrocola

Making Music in Gatto Black

Somebody please bring back Rdio-esque heavy rotation