Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Music Getting Audio Fingerprint Matching

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jim Dalrymple, writing for The Loop, on how Apple Music has begin using fingerprint-based song matching on the service to fix the (annoying bad) metadata-based system it was using before:

Apple has been quietly rolling out iTunes Match audio fingerprint to all Apple Music subscribers. Previously Apple was using a less accurate metadata version of iTunes Match on Apple Music, which wouldn’t always match the correct version of a particular song. We’ve all seen the stories of a live version of a song being replaced by a studio version, etc.

I can’t believe this isn’t what the service launched with. The key feature for me has been the combination of my library with a streaming library and every time this fucked up I wanted to randomly delete a line of code from whoever wrote this system so they could feel my pain.

beachdude42 likes this.
  2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

About time they did this... I'm happy both because of the less hassle that this will give me, and the fact that I can now cancel my iTunes Match subscription and save $25 a year, since they FINALLY put the same functionality in Apple Music.

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, this was so annoying, I also can't believe they didn't start the service with this.

4. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Thank goodness.

5. Piercalicious

Regular

Stranger Things is soooooo obnoxiously good. I haven't been sucked in and enthralled so hard by a season of TV since probably the first season of True Detective.

Jason Tate likes this.