Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Music Gains Better Album Organization

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Federico Viticci, writing for MacStories:

While the old artist page design of Apple Music mixed albums, singles, EPs, live albums, and more under the same ‘Albums’ section, the new Apple Music features separate sections for different types of music releases. The new sections include singles and EPs, live albums, essential albums recommended by Apple Music editors, compilations, and appearances by an artist on other albums. As pictured above, Apple Music now also highlights an artist’s latest or upcoming release at the top of the page.

Much better.

2. Butinsmallsteps

Regular

THANK. GOD.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  3. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

Wish "Singles & EPs" weren't clumped together but this is a start.

FrankieThe4th likes this.
  4. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Nice!

5. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Spotify does this as well; I wish they were split too.

GageStillAlive likes this.
  6. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

Spotify really needs a handle on album years. I want to know when it was originally released!

7. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Question for spotify people. When you save music to your device and then go to play it, is there anyway to have it not just be a gigantic list of every individual song? I’m talking specific artist discography essentially.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  8. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I generally just go to the album view and play it from there. Or I make playlists and play those.

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

FINALLY. Now they need to do something about duplicated albums.

10. heymattrick

Sending my love

So does this solve the issue of when a pre-release single is released, it will get absorbed into the album vs having a separate track? Like, the three 1975 songs from the new album are listed as singles (like Give Yourself a Try - Single). All my plays for that song are registered to that version. It has probably over 100 plays, I don’t want another version that starts at 0 plays. But now that the whole album is available, Apple Music wants me to re-add those songs separately. I just want to be able to change the name of the album and have it stay that way.

11. ioev

I'm a kid I'm a squid

The lack is this feature is one of my biggest complaints for Google Play Music (and Youtube Music.) Meanwhile, Deezer (of all things) has been doing this perfectly for years, dividing releases into Albums/EPs/Singles.

12. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

I have a slightly different issue. If I add a pre-release to my library, MANY times once the full album is released, my copy still shows most of the tracks greyed out. I have to remove the album and then re-add it.

heymattrick likes this.
  13. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

*wipes away a single tear*

It’s beautiful

Jason Tate likes this.