Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Music Coming to Amazon Echo on December 17th

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Amazon:

Apple Music subscribers will be able to enjoy Apple Music’s 50 million songs on Echo devices. Customers will be able to ask Alexa to play their favorite songs, artists, and albums — or any of the playlists made by Apple Music’s editors from around the world, covering many activities and moods. […] Simply enable the Apple Music skill in the Alexa app and link your account to start listening.

I’m more excited about this than I thought I’d be.

2. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Now give me a Ring app on AppleTV.

3. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

With the great cyber Monday deals - I just started to dip my toe into the smart home waters. Got an echo plus, two dots,and a handful of smart lights. I was okay with using Amazon Music for some streaming and then listen to Apple Music via Bluetooth - but this news is very welcomed. Feels like I decided to jump in the market at the right time.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I owned a HomePod for about a week and sold it - bought an Echo Plus with the Hue bulb for Cyber Monday and got a free Dot with an Amazon Music trial. Plays well with our Nest and Ring doorbell, but now I want moreeeeee.

Controlling the Xbox with Alexa is so damn cool.

5. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

I’ve started to fall down the rabbit hole and I don’t know if I want to be saved.

6. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

is this solely Apple Music or will it be able to play from an itunes library?

7. bodkins

Trusted

Add Overcast and I'll upgrade my Echo dots to a Plus.

8. If you have Apple Music your iTunes library is in it iCloud Music Library, so I'm assuming that's how it'll still work.

Bayside 182 likes this.
  9. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I use this all the time with my Spotify subscription. Made life so much easier (no more pairing my phone then having to control playlists from that). You can also set the other music service as your default, so you don't have to specify which service to use.

Now if only I could tell Siri to use my Spotify, life would be really great.