Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Music Announces Spatial Audio and Lossless Audio

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 17, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Apple:

Apple today announced Apple Music is bringing industry-leading sound quality to subscribers with the addition of Spatial Audio with support for Dolby Atmos. Spatial Audio gives artists the opportunity to create immersive audio experiences for their fans with true multidimensional sound and clarity. Apple Music subscribers will also be able to listen to more than 75 million songs in Lossless Audio — the way the artists created them in the studio. These new features will be available for Apple Music subscribers starting next month at no additional cost.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

So stoked

3. TapDatApp

who knows Supporter

Pumped about this and it would appear Sonos already supports 24-bit ALAC, so should really be able to take advantage of the extra bandwidth. Would have totally paid for this; nice surprise that it’s going to be a free upgrade!

4. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Okay but what should I do with my Pono.

5. noisyneighbour

the spatial audio thing is suuuuper interesting to me. i'm curious about how that will all work from the artist/label/production side, but it seems like it could open up some really exciting creative stuff.

6. IH4N

Newbie Supporter

OK... Apple... OK... but just give me equalizer support for iOS Apple Music and we'll be good. I'll do away with spotify forever, I promise.