Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Announces September Event • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 30, 2018.

1. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

I truthfully cannot remember the last time I had a desire to plug something into my iPhone. And to my memory, the post-headphone jack days have been much more convenient and enjoyable than they ever were before.

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. If you take audio quality that seriously, you're not listening from an iPhone. It's not optimized for that level of audio quality and can't even power really high quality of headphones.

3. Jonathan Aug 30, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 30, 2018)
    Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

4. Hunter Norman

Regular

No it's not, and it can't. My only point is, if someone is doing that with a system at home, or an amplifier at work, what's one more situation where there's a tether there. Again, it's a preference thing and not a big deal at all, but I have a headphone set that was pretty expensive and can be wired or bluetooth and I don't notice one ever being TRULY more convenient than the other. It's all preference though

5. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I'm ready for wireless headphones but not ready for how weird we all look walking around wearing them.

6. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

7. I don't think sitting at a desk, or a stereo, specifically to listen to high-quality audio is the same as a portable device in your pocket. If you've never walked around the house using AirPods, you don't know what you're missing until you do. They're an absolute game changing product.

himynameisiain and bachna84 like this.
  8. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

If they evolve into something like the earpiece in Her I'd be okay with it.

bmir14 likes this.
  9. I see ... maybe 25-50 people with AirPods on a daily basis in the city. I'm so used to it now I don't think anyone looks weird at all. Just look like headphones without a collar.

kielhauck likes this.
  10. There's a couple third-party things, but they all remove the convenience of the case.

Jonathan and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  11. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Someone showed me an article where a guy affixed these tiny little sticky pads to the AirPods to make them stick, but I never tried them. I did use AirPods for a short time (and loved them) at my desk, however when I ate food, or tried running with them, they always fell out.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  12. robargarthan

I would get AirPods but after trying a friend's pair, they just don't fit well in my ear and hurt.

13. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

…and that's why I haven't done them, because slipping them so easily in/out of the case is one of the best parts of AirPods.

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Jonathan likes this.
  15. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

The people who don’t know how to wear them look weird. There’s a guy at my office who wears them around and has them sticking out at like a 45-degree angle from his head. It’s very strange.

bachna84 likes this.
  16. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

Jonathan likes this.
  18. jorbjorb

7 rings

yeah the stock iphone headphones don't really fit my ears well and fall out a bunch.

I really dig these because they fit snug in the ear.
    upload_2018-8-30_16-8-55.png

I would love to not have to deal with tangled cords anymore.

19. Elder Lightning

For me it's the always-on, nearly-instant connection with the AirPods that I love. I pull one out of the case and by the time I put the other one in my ear (usually sooner) they're connected and ready to go. I have a few pairs of bluetooth headphones, both cheap and expensive, and none are even close to that convenient.

I got mine a few weeks ago and I'm mad I waited so long, they've been great. I use them for around the house, walking my dog or otherwise walking around, and for my at-home workouts and they've been fantastic.

Jason Tate likes this.
  20. Elder Lightning

21. AirPods don't fit like the stock headphones in my experience. They may look similar, but there's a different fit once the weight and gravity of the cord are removed.

jorbjorb likes this.
  22. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

I don't think anyone is saying they love having wired headphones for the sake of having a wire.

It's just a balance between the convenience of being able to plug your phone into amps, car stereos, speakers, etc. to the inconvenience of having to carry around a separate dongle with you 24/7.

At this point I think I'm just so used to using wired headphones, I'll probably just wait until more devices support bluetooth or lightning connection.

23. However the inconvenience of the wire is 100% of the time. So, in my view, the balance will always be "this wire fucking sucks." The times I've ever needed to plug in my phone anywhere is practically never. (If you have a car, the dongle can always be there. So, that doesn't seem that inconvenient either.)

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  24. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Those literally the headphones I use on a daily basis. Best budget headphones on the market, super comfortable with surprisingly good quality.

jorbjorb likes this.
  25. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

All I want is a phone available that day so I can replace my aging 6s before I go on vacation. Highly unlikely but a man can dream