Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Announces September Event

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Pretty stoked to see the new Apple Watch

3. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

New iPhones? Does this mean the iPhone X will only cost a bagillion dollars now? I need a new phone.

4. Fingers crossed for new Mac Mini.

jeff.dart likes this.
  5. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Anyone else still using an old model because they can't handle the idea of losing their headphone jack?

Hard to believe my need to ask for the auxiliary cable in every uber I've ever ordered has overtaken my desire for new tech...

LosManosFuertes likes this.
  6. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Dude they give you a free adapter. I don’t miss it at all.

Jonathan and GageStillAlive like this.
  7. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

So you just carry the adapter around with you everywhere?

Probably making it out to be more than it is but I like being able to plug in and play wherever. There are still a lot of aux cables out there.

8. Nope AirPods are incredible.

9. Iamhollywood315

Regular

I would for certain occasions but at home I use Apple TV and I have AirPods for listening on iPhone. I agree with Jason AirPods are amazing. I wish I bought them sooner it’s worth every penny

KidLightning likes this.
  10. Fox83

Trusted

I thought I could get used to it, but I hate it. I plug my phone into all sorts of things (amplifiers, external speakers, etc) and remembering the adapter is a pain, even with wireless buds for my day to day use.

SkyGrowsBigger likes this.
  11. Hunter Norman

Regular

I hate wireless earbuds and the idea of having to require an adapter for headphones

12. Tylar

Yep they are, and I’ve adapted to using a Bluetooth transmitter in my car so I can charge it at the same time

13. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

14. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

[​IMG]

15. it's gonna be an expensive fall

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. Hunter Norman

Regular

Haha, just saying! I have wireless headphones that I use from time to time but at work I like to use a headphone amp and I guess I'm just accustomed to using wired when I'm on the go. I think I'm still bitter because I worked at Apple when they announced the headphone jack removal and as pissed as I was about it, I didn't hear the end of it from customers

Jonathan likes this.
  17. I truly can't fathom wanting a leash from your phone to your head.

bachna84 and disambigujason like this.
  18. Hunter Norman

Regular

What if someone takes audio seriously and have high quality headphones for their audio system at home that are wired and amped for the best quality? What's the difference in having that anywhere else

19. Jonathan likes this.
  20. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Just giving you a hard time, obviously. ❤️

Hunter Norman likes this.
  21. Hunter Norman

Regular

No, I know that exists. My only point was the requirement of using an adapter if you wanted wired phones. Again, I worked for Apple when it was removed so I'm not lost on the workarounds, I was just replying to Jason on the want of a leash from head to phone

22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I just want something similar to the iPhone SE.

BelieF likes this.
  23. jorbjorb

7 rings

My Iphone 6 is surprisingly holding up well. Four years old and it runs phone, messages, mint, overcast, instagram, twitter, spotify pretty well. The battery still lasts a full day and I'm constantly listening to music/podcasts on it. If I end up getting a new phone I'll be doing the exact same stuff on it. Will the end user experience be worth the upgrade? I'm currently running IOS 11.4.1.

24. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

We'll see more of the actual software (or at least what hasn't been revealed already through iOS 12 betas) on the 12th. There's usually some hardware specific software features.

jorbjorb likes this.
  25. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

i like my wired earphones because i can click off and on and change volume without pulling out my phone. plus people can see the earphones in my ears so they know to leave me alone.

the only thing i'm not fond of is removal of the ethernet port on the newer macbooks. i know there are adapters, but it's such a hassle