Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Announces New iPhones, Apple TV, and Apple Watch • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 12, 2017.

1. jorbjorb

7 rings

The fact that my iPhone 6 runs flawlessly on the latest os proves that android is shit. My friends samsung galaxy 8 sucks ass and freezes on him all the time.

fenway89 likes this.
  2. Clark

@yttebkralc Prestigious

Reading this thread really hurts. The ignorance is breathtaking.

3. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Exactly. I'll be working on something in Ulysses on my MBP and then go to my phone to edit...and just get sad that there's no app for Android. This is why I'm switching.

fenway89 and Jason Tate like this.
  4. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

I expected this to be the best iPhone ever. I'm sure it will be. Camera will be great. iOS 11 looks to be a bit improved over 10. The security stuff seems a bit superfluous but probably smart since people think it will
    Make their stuff more secure.

Hoping that the AR stuff really brings some differentiation in how I interact with the
    Device and/or how the OS is designed.

I have a 7, and I don't ever think...this phone is too slow, the camera is blurry, the screen colors aren't lifelike.

I do constantly think, logging into the same apps and interfaces for 10 years has gotten stale. Regardless of platform.

5. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Would they release an iPhone that wasn't better than the last one?

youwontknow likes this.
  6. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Also! What's up with iOS?! Usually it gets released day of or couple days after.

Idk I'm just being bitchy. I still love Apple and their products.

7. Not really, pretty standard release schedule. GM was seeded to developers today, out to everyone September 19th.

fenway89 likes this.
  8. Iamhollywood315 Sep 12, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 12, 2017)
    Iamhollywood315

Regular

This phone has specs very comparable to the note 8. Apple always had better physical design and hardware over other phones. they also pay attention to more detail in components especially like their camera which always produces better photos as they focus on quality components rather than sheet specs. They also have better software and for people in the "eco system" it makes sense. People don't have to pay 1k+ at one time they can pay through the upgrade program interest free. I also think android software is shit and clunky. iOS is the most favorable to use IMO

fenway89 likes this.
  9. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

These discussions are always fascinating because I wish I was more into tech stuff, like genuinely because I know I barely use my devices to their capabilities. As long as my phone lets me listen to music without crashing and a browser to go online I'm fine... which is like 1% of its use lmao. I've been trying to research a phone since I lost mine and can't afford another brand new phone rn and it's all confusing and strange so anyway yeah y'all are awesome for ur knowledge and ur welcome for this fascinating and completely relevant and insightful comment!!

Robk, theredline, fenway89 and 2 others like this.
  10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I'm still using an iPhone 4... awkward. You can't even update the iOS anymore.

The iPhone X looks incredible but I can't see myself spending that much money on a phone.

11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

As much as I like using iPhones, I can't see myself throwing down $1,000+ for the X.

12. aniafc

Trusted

My 6s currently costs me $31.24/month out of my overall phone bill. I looked on Apple's website, and the X will cost $41/month. So only $10 more for all of those upgrades? Totally worth it. And after 12 payments, I can upgrade again to next year's iPhone. So yeah, not coming anywhere close to paying the full price.

CMilliken likes this.
  13. Mr_Hox

My 7 Plus is around the same price, and I don't need the 256GB. It won't be a crazy amount to upgrade with my phone plan at all. The whole "IT'S $1,000!!! ZOMG!!!!" crowd is not thinking about phone contracts in 2017.

KidLightning, aniafc and fenway89 like this.
  14. delvec19

Trusted

T-Mobile is offering $300 for my iPhone 6 if I upgrade to to the X? Sign me the eff up!

15. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I don't have a phone contract which is a blessing and a curse. I can get a month of service with 4G LTE for < $40 a month... but I have to pay for the phone out of pocket. My 5S has lasted me for three years now so it's def paid itself off, but the looming reality of having to shell out that much is rather daunting.

Everything is v cool though, I want all of it lol. The 4K movie upgrades is my biggest takeaway, very pro consumer and perhaps my biggest incentive to make the jump yet.

16. aniafc

Trusted

Absolutely. That 256 GB is INSANE. I have 64 now and I don't think I've used half of it. Almost all of my music is through Apple Music or on the cloud, so it's not even taking up space on my phone. I probably don't use as many apps as some people, but still, 256 GB seems like too much. Even so, that would make it $49/month. So an extra $8 to quadruple your space -- not too bad, if you ask me.

(These are on a Verizon plan, not sure about other carriers, but I can't imagine it would be much different.)

17. aniafc

Trusted

Contracts suck, but it's a lot like leasing a car instead of financing. For people who like to have the newest stuff, it certainly is a great option. But if you aren't one of those people, then contracts aren't beneficial really.

electro haikus likes this.
  18. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Right there with you. Music and tv. And some Internet and directions. That's about it!

19. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Woah. If that's the case I may have to look into this. I own my 6s outright so my bill dropped but it wouldn't be a crazy stretch to go back to where I was.

aniafc likes this.
  20. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I'm on T-Mobile with a 6s. I may have to look into this!

21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I don't know how it works in the US but I have a SIM only contract (ie. you don't get the phone) that's £7.50 a month and has all that I need. I rely on hand me downs in terms of the actual phone which means I don't have to shell out. It's served me well so far as people are always upgrading and wanting to get rid of old phones.

22. Hunter Norman

Regular

I'm an Android power user, but I still love my macbook pro and I always take interest with Apple's tactics even though I'm not an iphone customer. However, not only does the iPhone 8 look outdated by the X, but it just looks outdated in general with so many devices going the minimal-bezel/no home button route. It's interesting that they still had to show two different lines of phones in order to keep existing customers around and give them options while also moving into the newer trends

23. golferpunk1

I was actually blown away at how bad it was. I have purchased every new iphone for the past 6 years on release and this will be the first year that I pass. I think the X is ugly as sin and when the FaceID fails in the demo, it gives me no confidence that it will be convenient to do a hundred or more times a day. The only worthy upgrade in the 8 is wireless charging and that requires the purchase of a host of new accessories which just isn't worth it to me.

24. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I need a home button

It's not saying X is bad for not having one, but just that it's not for me. I'm sure it will be extraordinary!

Joe4th likes this.
  25. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

My translated posts are so exciting words

Joe4th and electro haikus like this.