Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Announces iPhone 7 and AirPods • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 7, 2016.

1. aniafc

Trusted

Capitalism.

2. transrebel59

Regular

Looking for a serious answer

3. Schooner

Trusted

Plantronics are the ones I have and they're tip-top for jogging

AshlandATeam likes this.
  4. Schooner

Trusted

Simplicty and asthetics?

5. Heh, or Beats!

Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones - Black

6. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Regarding Apple:

I wanted to be 'that guy' who didn't like Apple stuff. For a long time I was! And I still think some things are overrated.

But then I got the iPhone 5 in November of 2012 due to some random sale to keep me in my phone contract. Never had an Apple product until then.

Two months shy of four years later, I'm currently listening to music on my iPhone 5 with the original operating system (never updated. I'm lazy.). It works perfectly - as well as the day I got it. Heck, I'm on my second Otter Box for it, and the phone itself works as well as ever. It's actually amazing. I never had a phone more than 18 months of any kind. This thing works perfectly for everything I need, and seems indestructible.

That's my experience with them.

Schooner likes this.
  7. aniafc

Trusted

8. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

my only worry with airpods is i have yet to find earbuds that comfortably stay in both ears; it feels like each of my ear canals is shaped differently, and at least one of them will fly out consistently. current gen apple buds do better than most, but the left is always problematic.

and regarding the apple thing, i got my first macbook pro (and apple product) after a very frustrating Dell experience. the sales rep at best buy sold me on the simplicity, which impressed me because i didnt find MS Word (the example he used) to be complicated to begin with. then i got an iPhone, was blown away by the app concept, and have stuck with them primarily for the interconnectedness and aesthetics. vain perhaps, but important to me.

9. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Did I miss when iOS 10 would be available? I was watching the keynote while working and might have missed the street date on that.

Also, I have the 6 and wasn't planning on updating, but everything I've read about the 8 makes me think I should update now and then avoid the big overhaul with the 8 for as long as possible.

10. Schooner

Trusted

I think I liked the iPhone5 better than the 6. I had battery issues until it got recalled and they fixed it. But it was pretty indestructible for a smart phone. Real sturdy one. I started going with out the phone condom on it for the second year of the contract

11. theredline Sep 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 7, 2016)
    theredline

Trusted Supporter

Everyone says the 5 is the best...I had one for a while and would not have switched except for the charge port died on me.
    My 6 has been great the last year so I can't imagine switching yet

@js977 i have the same ear problem except the old ones work and the new ones never stay in. I would go wireless if I could find a set that would stay in...
    These are the ones someone reminded me of and I'm hoping they are the answer...

Get KANOA Earphones

I'm one that's not too worried about charging and listening...generally I charge when I sleep or when I'm at work cause I can't listen either of those times anyway so the. I'm all good during the day...

12. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

iOS 10 on 9/13. macOS Sierra on 9/20.

Ben Lee likes this.
  13. justinbullock

Formerly Juice182

what are you referring to?

14. heymattrick

Sending my love

I've been using an iPhone for quite some time. Started with the iPhone 4 as soon as it came out for Verizon (had it for about 2.5 years), then switched to a Samsung Galaxy for about a year and a half and overall hated it, and then got the iPhone 6 as soon as it came out. Now I'm on the 6S and will be getting this in January when my year is up. Out of all the phones I've had, honestly have had very few actual issues. They're very well built devices, the most damage I've done to any of them is minor scratches on the screen. The software is insanely intuitive and very well integrated throughout all the apps that I use. I have always used iTunes to buy my music so the ease of managing my music library on my phone is huge, and was one of the major reasons I went screaming back from my Samsung.

I have loved all three of my iPhones and don't see any reason why I would need to switch. Other than iPhones and iPods, I don't own any other Apple or Mac products. I have always been a Windows/PC guy.

15. Supernova Sep 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 7, 2016)
    Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

16. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Oh just speculation. Obviously nothing is confirmed, but the integrated home button, edge to edge display, all of those rumors.

Not that Apple won't pull it off, but more that I hate change, lol. I really enjoy the 6, and the 7 doesn't seem like too much of a departure from that, but the rumor mill seems to think the 8 will be quite the overhaul.

justinbullock likes this.
  17. 128gb jet black plus for me

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. joebosslet

I have the iPhone SE which is essentially the iPhone 6 version of the iPhone 5. I love it as I was never a big fan of the size on the iPhone 6.

There is some cool things going on with the iPhone 7 though!

js977 likes this.
  19. ianzandi

Regular

Same here. Just upgraded from the 5c (also a great underrated phone).

It's bad enough in coffee stops and bus stations having everyone taking over outlets in LA. Headphone charging just makes the prob worse. I do like the idea of wireless headphones, but losing them and charging them are huge concerns with that price

Schooner likes this.
  20. jeff.dart

Regular

didn't seem like there was any "wow" moment with this phone, but they did lots of things to improve the functionality, which to me makes this the most complete phone they've made. I'm a big fan of the improved battery life, increased base storage, water proofing, and stereo speakers. hoping they can adopt some form of quick charge soon, then i'll jump ship and never look back.

js977 likes this.
  21. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

those look really cool, i may keep an eye on those. i was shopping around for wireless buds for a while for gym use but i worry about buying anything that doesnt have the over-ear hook thing, but i've never used those either so idk how well they work haha. ear buds are such a stressful experience.

22. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

Probably going to keep my 6 for as long as I can. The headphone thing seems pointless. "Courage"

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I get every other new iPhone with my upgrade plan so I hope this is perfected by the 7S. I hated the idea of getting rid of the headphone jack (and I still do) but the adapter makes it slightly better I guess. That will work with Aux cords too, right? I don't see why not.

I still don't see the point though, why fix what's not broken? And there goes listening to headphones and charging my phone at the same time

24. skoopy

Regular

I do see the practical purpose of wireless headphones, but honestly, I'd rather stuff the cord down my shirt to avoid coming in contact with it than worry about another thing to charge.

slimfenix182 and coleslawed like this.
  25. TDenverFan

Regular

I kinda wish they were still on a cord attatched to each other. I feel like I would lose one very easily