Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple’s Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro X have 90-day free trials for a limited time

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Verge:

Apple’s creative professional apps — video editing software Final Cut Pro X and music production suite Logic Pro X — now have free 90-day trials for a limited time.

The coronavirus pandemic has left many homebound and unable to attend school or work, so having access to professional tools that cost hundreds of dollars during this time is a big deal. “We hope customers who are home and looking for something new to master will try out these free trials,” reads Apple’s announcement.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This is GREAT, I've been making beats on Garageband for a while and was just thinking about upgrading to a new DAW, gonna try Logic out now for sure

3. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I upgraded from Garageband to Logic a couple months ago. The transition is super smooth and Logic offers so many additional sounds. I've spent hours just going through all the available sounds/plugins.

tdlyon and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  4. Mr. Serotonin Mar 31, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2020)
    Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Whhhaaaattttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic.

5. Ska Senanake

Trusted

It's only $200 and it's fantastic. I've been using ableton a lot lately (cut my teeth in logic) and couldn't recommend ableton enough. What type of music are you making? Happy to breakdown the pros / cons

6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Uh, my computer is too old lol

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

You could put the savings towards a newer one.

JRGComedy likes this.
  8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Mostly hip-hop beats, with a little bit of real instrumentation every once in a while. Logic appealed to me most both because of the way lower price and because apparently it's pretty similar to Garageband, but I've been really curious about Ableton too

Mr. Serotonin and SEANoftheDEAD like this.