Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apex Legends (Respawn Entertainment, 2019) Video Game • Page 80

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by mescalineeyes, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah I adore this map

2. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

mescalineeyes likes this.
  3. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

yup

4. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Yes

5. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Played it last night, very much enjoyed it, still suck.

6. mescalineeyes

playing ranked in this game alone fucking sucks, everyone is so bad. no game sense.

7. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I just watched some professional PC player and it makes me never want to even attempt this game ever again.

They are just criminally good. It's incredible.

Cameron likes this.
  8. The Lucky Moose

It’s gets a little better in gold

9. The Lucky Moose

PC is very different. They have a lot more movement options. That being said, the pro console players still make it seem like their time to kill is a third of the regular one just cause their aim is so good.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  10. mescalineeyes

Alright I’ll keep grinding.

thanks to months of Valorant my aim is fucking crisp.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  11. mescalineeyes

I kinda wanna get the Champions Pack as I have zero unlocks on the PC. Someone talk me out of it.

12. The Lucky Moose

Don’t do it lol You’ll get those characters very fast anyway

13. mescalineeyes

it feels excruciatingly slow haha

14. The Lucky Moose

if you really think about it though you don’t need most of those characters

15. mescalineeyes

true but I still ended up buying it because I can't predict how long I'll be playing Apex and I want to play Revenant and Horizon now (managed to unlock Loba normally, but after almost 1,5 weeks I'm not even halfway to the next character unlock)

also it came with some really dope legendary skins and 1000 apex points.

16. The Lucky Moose

Well at least you get some coins, but you still got ripped off haha

17. mescalineeyes

I mean if you consider the fact that I got 3 legendary legend (heh) skins, 3 legendary weapon skins and 1000 points + all the unlocks... it's... okay. I'm not super proud of myself but also Respawn needs to eat lol

18. The Lucky Moose

I don’t dunk on them too much because it’s cosmetics only, but I think the bundle prices are a little wild

19. mescalineeyes

they're the cheapest cosmetics of any game I ever played, a good 20% cheaper than Fortnite and ... let's just say a heckuva lot cheaper than ole Valorant.

Plus you can technically craft all these weapons if you're patient, which isn't possible in the other games.

20. The Lucky Moose

The other ones are even more wild then. If it was my decision, I’d be selling cosmetics at like 99 cents a pop with some more expensive ones, and keep an endless stream up. But then again I don’t run EA lol

21. mescalineeyes

Michael Pachter tweeted last week that Apex is about to break the 1 billion dollar treshhold in terms of revenue this month so... maybe it's for the best bud :heart:

that said as a consumer hell yeah make them 99 cents! haha

22. The Lucky Moose

I really believe in cosmetic micro transactions, as a consumer and as a business major

23. mescalineeyes

yeah but there are business analysts crunching the numbers and have been for years, there's a reason almost every game charges more or less the same price for cosmetics across the board. I think if there was a way to prove that there's more revenue elasticity when lowering the prices they would've done it, as I am sure they'd prefer to make more money over less money, since there's no "exclusivity" or whatever you want to call it.

24. The Lucky Moose

Yeah I mean companies like them tend to make conservative decisions based on their number crunching. Not necessarily bad, but not always the best they could be. It's however not always easy to convince your shareholders that taking a seemingly more risky approach is better, so I get that there is a lack of experimentation. Micro transactions for example certainly work well in the mobile market however.

25. The Lucky Moose

Also I feel like some real MMOs still lean heavily on micro transactions, it's just that they often cross into gameplay affecting territory, which is the worst approach of all lol