Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apex Legends (Respawn Entertainment, 2019) Video Game • Page 69

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by mescalineeyes, Feb 5, 2019.

1. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Can't wait for this Halloween event. Clown Wingman looks sick. The legend skins are amazing, I hope the event has better odds of getting them, or pay for what you want.

[​IMG]

Cameron likes this.
  2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Damn

3. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Vase Full Of Rocks and Cameron like this.
  4. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Apparently someone datamined a night version of King’s Canyon for an upcoming event

Cameron likes this.
  5. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Yeah but Respawn also announced the event today so that person sort of wasted their time.

6. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I think it had been datamined for a minute, I just now saw it today

7. Shakriel

Ahh gotcha. Well now it’s confirmed. Should be pretty cool.

8. Dog with a Blog

Played last night for the first time in months until 5am. Did terribly but it was fun. Then I hopped on this morning before class and got a W and took out the final squad by myself so that felt really good. I still have so much of the map I haven’t seen

Cameron and Shakriel like this.
  9. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, it's the Halloween event. Tons of legendary stuff too ($$$$).

I think the playlist is going to be neat. Once you get killed, you turn into a 'zombie'. You can only melee, and you go after everyone else. Once there's 10 people left, they all become 1 team and fight off the horde of everyone left.

Zach likes this.
  10. jorbjorb

7 rings

I haven't seen the night mode yet. Any idea when this is coming out?

11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

It's out there, I downloaded the update last week.

It's pretty fun especially because it's relatively quick compared to the ~20 minute games. It's damn near impossible to win as a Legend unless you've got a Pathfinder who can zipline into the rescue boat when it lands haha

Cameron and jorbjorb like this.
  12. jorbjorb

7 rings

How do you play it? I was playing the game yesterday and didn't see it. Is it in the menus somewhere?

13. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

It should be. You should have the option of APex, Ranked, and then the 3rd game type

jorbjorb likes this.
  14. Shakriel

Yeah, it's called Shadowfall.

jorbjorb likes this.
  15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Glad I’m not the only one struggling to win as a legend in the new game mode

jorbjorb likes this.
  16. brentkid

Regular

TBH I haven't been in a match where the legends haven't won. Everyone either ziplines right to the dropship as Pathfinder or phases in as Wraith.

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah it’s more that I can’t survive long enough to team up

18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Duos limited time mode coming November 5th

19. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Ugh. This game is so weird now.

20. drummerAVA

Trusted

The new map was a definite adjustment... I’m back to Apex now after a few days on MW... THAT game needs work lol.

jorbjorb likes this.
  21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah the new map is definitely.....different. Gameplay just feels different for some reason. It feels like there's more wide open spaces on the new map? Or is that just me?

22. drummerAVA

Trusted

Oh yeah, definitely wider open in general... I feel like you need to choose your battles more carefully, because the second you start shooting there’s a much higher tendency to get picked off by Longbow/G7/Charge Rifles from an elevated position, especially in the more southern and middle parts of the map.

I main the G7 a lot more... but if you stick to the more urban areas it plays out a little more like King’s Canyon, where close-mid range weapons are dominant. The Peacekeeper and Flatline are doing me a lot of good in the tighter environments, these days.

In general though, I’d say the meta has shifted a bit more towards mid-long range... if you can close the gap, and force fights in tighter spaces, it starts feeling more like pre-S3 Apex.

David87 likes this.
  23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

YEah I enjoy sniping a lot so I've been enjoying getting into elevated spots and going to town. I feel like I've generally done better in terms of making it into the top 10 than I did in KC, but also notice a lot more teams getting to the final 5-6 with only two or even one teammate remaining. I guess that is due to the point system and kills getting people points in the rankings. No longer downing guys and then letting them crawl around while you go after the other teammates.

24. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I feel like there are less cooler spots for some reason. Like I know that's a lame thing to say, but it just doesn't feel like as interesting to me to trek from one side of the map to another because I'm not really looking forward to any place in particular. I loved Swamps, Markets and Airbase because they felt so different from each other.

25. dlemert

Trusted

The new map does seem to have less variety, but I think I actually prefer it. I like the wide openness of it all, and it's forced me to work on my sniping skills.

jorbjorb likes this.