Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apex Legends (Respawn Entertainment, 2019) Video Game • Page 68

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by mescalineeyes, Feb 5, 2019.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

New map looks so awesome. And really big. Loving the colors and how different it seems overall from King's Canyon.

drummerAVA likes this.
  2. drummerAVA

Trusted

Haven’t been on this thread in a while but still maining this game... haven’t seen a whole lot of the new map yet, but did manage a couple wins yesterday.

Crypto seems SUPER OP though, not sure how I’m feeling about that... best surprise so far is the Anvil rounds for the 301 and Flatline... single fire does double damage when it’s equipped. Really nice.

3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I started playing Gears, but I keep hearing the siren call to come back to Apex

Cameron and drummerAVA like this.
  4. drummerAVA

Trusted

Honestly Apex is my favorite FPS to come out in YEARS... the gameplay is just so tight and fresh. It’s got that quick pace of COD but hits all the right points that Halo did back in the day.

Great art direction, map design, the gameplay really flows... It’s just good.

Cameron and T.J. like this.
  5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

How so? Doesn't seem that great to me, but only played a small number of games with him.

6. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

The Charge Rifle does it all for me. Reminds me a lot of the Laser weapon from Wolfenstein.

7. drummerAVA

Trusted

You’ll get squads just posting up in buildings in the urban areas, Crypto drones flying around, spotting you through walls... they wait for you to start looting and then just shock-drone you into oblivion, when you had no idea anyone was around.

Pretty good tool to sniff you out too, I had a team just sit back, isolate me in a corner, stun me while chasing down the drone, moved in, and it was an easy clean up. It will immobilize your entire squad and take you out of the fight completely. You have no intel while they have it all lol.

It’s an effortless squad wipe in the right hands. Takes all skill out of the game. Just my experience so far...

8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Sounds like something they could do with other characters abilities to neutralize that. Maybe Wattson's trophy system can take out the drone/scramble the signal....and maybe have it so Bloodhound can see your whole team if you're using it on him, or maybe it allows him to see you/your teams position while he's using Beast of the Hunt or something.

9. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Meh, the drone is pretty easy to hear flying around so easy to spot and shoot down in the few games I've played. Don't think it's OP at all.

New map rules though.

10. dlemert

Trusted

Yeah new map is great, it doesn't have the verticality of the last one but love the variety of environments.

Has anyone found a vault key yet? Wondering how difficult they are to actually obtain. I'm assuming there's only one per map.

11. drummerAVA

Trusted

That could be part of my problem too... I only played a handful of games, so I probably haven’t fully picked up on how to hear, spot, or avoid it yet...

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

It makes a pretty noticeable whirring sound when it's up in the air. Only one shot to kill too. I will admit though I haven't encountered it on enemy teams that often yet.

The few games I did play with the drone, I realized when I was stationing it over an area, I had it way too far away so it wasn't actually pinging any enemies lol.

13. drewinseries

Drew

It's better to spot open doors/bins for IMO. You can charge up the EMP when moving it, so you'll have to get close to enemies and be quick.

Don't think its OP, think its pretty well balance actually. Easy to hear/spot.

14. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I feel like the only things I will use it for when I get to play this weekend is pinging enemies and recovering banners

15. jorbjorb

7 rings

First time playing season 3. Here we go.

16. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

If I use the drone, move it somewhat high and inconspicuous, and then go back to my character, does the drone still work? Like if someone is nearby will it still pick them up, like a security camera, or it will only detect people when you're actually controlling it?

17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

It will detect people constantly whether you're in drone view or not. But it has to be close enough to the ground/buildings to spot them. You can't put it super high up and leave - it won't mark anything if it's too far away.

jorbjorb likes this.
  18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Ah, so keep it low and hidden is a better option? Does it need to have direct line of sight? Could you put it on the second floor of a building in a corner? Or best option is to be outside?

Got my first win with him last night, still trying to figure out best way to use the drone.

[Imgur](Imgur Image)

19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I played last night, I was pretty bad because i've been playing Gears, forgot all the controls lol.

I did get a 4th place finish, I was wrecking people with the Flatline with that anvil hop up...love that thing.

20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I've only played him a few times, but I think your best bet is outside and low enough. I think it will take a few trial and errors of seeing how you have to position it in order for it to actually mark enemies.

21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

T.J. and jorbjorb like this.
  22. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Hahaha, that rules. Caustic kills are always the best.

jorbjorb likes this.
  23. jorbjorb

7 rings

that was beautiful

24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Lmao.

I still can’t get over that one from a month ago with the portal thing. Shit was hilarious

jorbjorb likes this.
  25. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Played again last night, trying to play gears and this a couple times a day just so I can find a way to be decent at both games. I'm 31 and have a full time job so obviously not playing much, but man when I was younger I could play multiple games and be great at them, but I've been a "one game a time" guy since like Gears 2 came out, so trying to be proficient at multiple shooters at the same time is tough.

BUT! I won a game last night. Prob only my 6th or 7th game on the new map. Crypto was on our team and that drone was definitely helpful. I did notice him using that EMP burst on the final team when it was down to two teams. We were already set up where the final circle was too so we had the advantage of them being forced to come to us.

jorbjorb and T.J. like this.