Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apex Legends (Respawn Entertainment, 2019) Video Game • Page 65

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by mescalineeyes, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Apparently you can play solo but still group up, so that's a lol.

2. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'm uninstalling this game tonight. Since it's release it's really the only game I play. And since I'm a single dad, my time is limited when I have my kid. I've put off a lot of games. But after this event, I'm done with this game. You release all these skins, new heirloom stuff, etc., but it's all behind a paywall? No, thanks. I didn't mind grinding the Season Pass, in fact, I logged in almost daily to get those out of the way. This is just gross, and I'd much rather spend my time playing my backlog going forward. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

3. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Played a couple solo rounds last night and thought it was fun. Nice change of pace. It'll be interesting to see if they make this permanent or not and how they might tweak things in the future. Like implementing a cap on the number of wraiths/pathfinders that can be in a solo game or something.

4. T.J.

music and baseball.

can't you unlock these things by completing challenges, too?

5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

You can only get 2 of the 24. Everything else is paid. So to break it down:

• 22 lootboxes for $154 USD or 24 lootboxes for $168 USD / if you complete the 2 challenges, you get 1400 coins redeemed

• Gives enough crowns to get the all the other crown stuff.

• After 24 lootboxes you have to pay $35 for the Heirloom.

6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah the new skins and boxes is really shitty. I don't care about cosmetics/don't pay for them so it doesn't really affect me, but it is a very shitty practice.

Also, solos is much more stressful for me than regular. I panic every time I get in a firefight lol.

7. T.J.

music and baseball.

i don't really mind it. its a free game, and I got Season 2 for free by playing Season 1 so much. they need to make their money somehow. if it keeps the game alive and adds additional seasons, i am all for it.

Cameron likes this.
  8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Sure, I'm all for them making their money. But they are charging way too much and making the rewards a gamble. It's shitty as hell. Hopefully they listen to the massive amount of negative feedback they're receiving (at least on Reddit).

9. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, the worst part is all the cosmetics are a gamble. They can charge $15 for the awesome Lifeline, Mirage, Wraith, etc. skin, but they don't. You HAVE to buy loot boxes and hope you get one. And if you want the heirloom, you have no choice but to spend close to $200.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  10. T.J.

music and baseball.

yeah, i don't disagree with a hefty price tag. i don't mind being priced out of something that's inconsequential, but at least they should let you choose what you want and not be RNG. i agree with that.

11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

So apparently a TON of future Legends have been datamined. I'm taking them with a grain of salt, but they apparently came from a reputable dataminer. Some of them appear to just be ideas/brainstorming.

Link

12. T.J.

music and baseball.

Opened up my first free pack. I got Lifeline’s music and two 15 Iron Crown currencies. Fucking stupid.

13. Dave Diddy

Yeah I don't necessarily blame (let's be honest it's probably EA and not Respawn's) pricing for items for this event. It's a free game so they've got to make their money somehow but they should definitely just let you pay for whatever item you want. I don't ever buy cosmetic stuff so it doesn't really matter to me but for the people that do, it's definitely not the best mechanic.

T.J. and The Lucky Moose like this.
  14. drewinseries

Drew

They need a new map, and I hope, a 4 squad mode.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

lol yikes

16. Dave Diddy

I don’t know that it necessarily needs to be a completely new map, I think making big changes to the existing one every season would probably be enough but a whole new map would be cool.

drewinseries likes this.
  17. Zach

Trusted Supporter

That’s what fortnite does and it doesn’t accomplish that at all

18. Zach

Trusted Supporter

But epic is lazy and focuses only on points of interest, whereas with this last update, respawn edited those, and added stuff throughout the map. So you never know

19. T.J.

music and baseball.

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Solo is reallly hard in this game

21. T.J.

music and baseball.

Yeah, its unforgiving. Can't make a mistake.

22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Definitely have had to change my style up a little bit. Used to be mandatory for me to have a sniper but now If I have disrupter rounds I will keep that and a heavy ammo machine gun/rife of some sort...unless it’s a longbow, I always take the longbow. But I’ve found myself passing up triple takes more and more often if I’ve found disrupter rounds and an re-45 or an alternator.

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So right after I posted that I took my headphones off, and also totally adjusted my playstyle. Listened for gun fire, found good spotting positions, and looted fast. Grabbed two kills, and took 8th. It was a fun game too.

Ok Apex I see you making me get out of my comfort zone. It’s crazy how reliant I’ve become on the ping

T.J. likes this.
  24. flask

Trusted Supporter

Solo has forced me out of my comfort zone as well. You also realllllly have to bide your time. If you see two dudes going at it you know another couple of players are gonna join them in a few seconds.

25. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Might try getting back into this game again