Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apex Legends (Respawn Entertainment, 2019) Video Game • Page 63

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by mescalineeyes, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Omg!!!!!!!

First time ever being a champion, and kill leader! Was going for the wraith challenge, and my team killlllled it. First win of the season. 10 kills in one game, and I’ve never racked ‘em up that high a single game. Feels good.

jorbjorb and Shakriel like this.
  2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

4ED37EC4-8EEC-4340-9526-4AFFB5209360.png

jorbjorb, brentkid and Zach like this.
  3. brentkid

Regular

Hit Platinum in Ranked. Scared to see how slow-paced matches are in this tier. They definitely need to tweak to the RP scoring system for next season. It's a completely different game with the way it's currently set up, and not for the better.

4. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Played for the first time in a very long time last night and got my ass handed to me

jorbjorb and Dog with a Blog like this.
  5. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I don’t mind the RP systems at the level I’m at now, but I can definitely see how it is damaging the game in the higher tiers for sure

jorbjorb likes this.
  6. brentkid

Regular

The issue is that from Platinum forward, you either need 3-5 kills or to at least place top 5 to break even with RP (top 3 once you hit Diamond). The game slows down as everyone avoids conflict so you can't count on kills, and additionally they are equally skilled players so fights are a coin flip. There's just a lot more reward for passive playing. Even top streamers like Shroud are recommending that you avoid other players as much as possible.

It'll obviously be reviewed and likely changed at some point, so not much use whining about it much more haha.

7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

As a sniper who just had a game last night where we won and I got 1000+ damage and only 3 kills, I am okay with defensive games haha.

That being said our team overall wasn’t defensive that game, we were on the move a lot. We just happened to win a lot of our firefights.

But my style is definitely more apt for finding a building within the last circle or two and using it as a base of operations/defense

8. Zach

Trusted Supporter

No I’m agreeing with you, I think once you hit those upper gold tiers is when things get stale

brentkid likes this.
  9. brentkid

Regular

Yeah I know you were. Was just whining out into the void haha. Platinum has not been overly enjoyable. Matches are much longer and it'll hover around 10 squads until there are only a few circles left.

10. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I feel like they’re going to have to change it to an elite type setup for those higher tiers. I believe they have said this RP system is temporary

11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

When I get eliminated in the first 3-4 minutes and my team goes on to win the match
    [​IMG]

12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I really need to figure out how to secure kills when using the Longbow. I'm getting so much better with it, dealing huge damage breaking shields, etc. and other times dropping people left and right, but I can never get the kill because they duck behind cover and a team mate revives them. I had a game last night with 2k+ damage, but only 9 kills.

[​IMG]

A few games later, I had 9 kills, with 936 damage.

[​IMG]

T.J. and Cameron like this.
  13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Had a realllly good night on Wednesday. Got a win, and completed a lot of challenges.

14. drewinseries

Drew

Sniping in this game honestly isn't that good in my opinion. A longbow with a 2-4x is really all you need. Engage, then rush. Or else you're just making noise for other squads to clean up when you are done.

15. T.J.

music and baseball.

i love sniping with a 2x. i prefer the Longbow, but will take a Triple Take

Cameron and drewinseries like this.
  16. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I picked up a fully decked out, all yellow RE-45 just now and holy shit I fucked people up with that thing.

333 GANG and Cameron like this.
  17. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Excuse me sir, did you just call legendary items yellow?

they are gold you nerd

David87 likes this.
  18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

There is definitely a lot of glitches with the stats and the challenges. I’ve seen specific challenges change right after a game ended, because I was trying to do a specific weekly challenge, accomplished it, only to see the challenge had changed to something different after the game. I also saw my week 2 go from 6/7 challenges completed to 7/7 challenges completed....in week 4

19. T.J.

music and baseball.

Some challenges have steps. Is that what you are seeing? I know for me, I had land in Thunderdome and once completed it goes to the next stage. Says land in Slums. Its a four parter.

Also, you can def. complete challenges in later weeks. I thought that was a good feature.

David87 likes this.
  20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I have all but two challenges done from the 7 weeks. The two I'm missing are get 50 headshots with LMGs (wtf), and get 10 Knockdowns for LStar (which I've probably only used a small handful of times).

21. T.J.

music and baseball.

Ewww. Those are gross challenges.

22. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I hope solo mode becomes permanent eventually because I'm so done with being thirsted.

23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Quite looking forward to it. No more stolen loot!

ghostedaway likes this.
  24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Fuuuuck