Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apex Legends (Respawn Entertainment, 2019) Video Game • Page 60

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by mescalineeyes, Feb 5, 2019.

1. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

So far so good. I'm not sold on Wattson, but I have to play her some more. Challenges is a great addition. Gives you some new goals and lets you mess with Legends you might not usually play with. The new Cages area rules.

T.J. likes this.
  2. jorbjorb

7 rings

lol spent all evening downloading it. I guess I'll play it tonight?

T.J. likes this.
  3. T.J.

music and baseball.

Day 1 takeaway, Watson sounds better on paper and less effective in use.

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I only was able to play a few games last night, and only as Wattson a few times. She will take some getting used to. The electric poles can be destroyed with two shots to the base I believe. Her ultimate is pretty cool though. I didn't utilize it for shield recharging, but I blocked an airstrike with it which was really cool.

5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

From one night of playing, I feel like her shield recharge is a lot slower than Lifelines. I think it should be a little faster to be more effective. And yeah, the fences don't really help when you're in the open (which I find myself quite often).

Zach likes this.
  6. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Yeah the poles seem not very effective unless you can hide the bases around door corners and other places where players can't just easily shoot them down. Her ultimate can definitely come in handy though

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that's what I was trying to do the few times I used them. Block doors from the inside and hide the poles as far from the entrance as you can so they can't shoot them.

8. brentkid

Regular

Ranked is fun with the progression but it's also pretty frustrating at the moment with everyone starting out in Bronze. Have ran into a ton of 20 kill/4k damage badge players, mixed in with players that are reallllllyy bad. That should sort itself out in the next few days as those sweaty players progress. Made it to Silver for now but it's still a little uneven.

9. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Let’s be real, a lot of those try hards will just stay in bronze so that their K/D stays high. I like ranked a lot though! I didn’t expect them to add all those new buildings onto the map, have had two matches end next to a mammoth’s feet, which has been super fun. Wish the flyers attacked players though.

Edit: I also like how everyone has different challenges, it is much better than how Fortnite has everyone do the same ones, which totally changed the gameplay for like three days (idk if fortnite has switched up how they do their challenges or not since I stopped playing)

Me every time someone quits in ranked
    22F27FF9-D118-46B0-BBE5-14DCAC54BD62.jpeg

10. brentkid

Regular

It's not really possible for good players to game the ranking system to stay in Bronze, so that won't be an issue.

I sort of hate the daily challenges. A lot of them don't work in a squad system, particularly the location-based ones. Now you have people playing selfishly to finish their own daily challenges.

11. Zach

Trusted Supporter

How is it not possible? All you do is spend RP to pick the league you play in. Am I missing something in the way it works?

12. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I always play with my buddies so we don’t really care if we have to land the same place ten matches in a row, but I get that ransoms can be annoying with that

13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I think once you're in a rank tier, you can't choose to play in a different tier. At least that's how I thought it worked, I haven't played ranked yet.

Edit: for some reason the permalink to a comment isn't working, but if you check out the Developer replies in this thread, they explain it a little more

14. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Alright so right now it is easier to just stomp people in bronze, but over time they won’t be able to. I did miss that on my first read through, appreciate it!

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I had to read through that a few times and I'm not sure I still fully understand it haha. I guess it's just you can only play games in your current ranking tier(bronze, silver, etc) and once you reach a ranking tier, you can't drop out of it.

16. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Yeah looking in-game, each bronze tier is based on RP (Bronze III is 30). But idk if that is lifetime, or you have to stock up, or what

17. brentkid

Regular

To play a match in Bronze costs 0RP so essentially most players will get out of that league no matter what because you are never required to "pay-in" to play at Bronze. Once you go from Bronze 1 to Silver 4, you will never drop back into Bronze, even though to play a Silver league match requires 1 RP. They set it up so once you reach a new tier, you can't fall back into the previous. If you can't progress, you'll basically just stall out in that tier.

Really, even bad players should eventually grind their way out of Bronze by playing enough even if they seldom win but get a kill here and there with a few top 10 and better finishes.

18. Zach

Trusted Supporter

That’s what I wasn’t sure about, because if it based on lifetime RP, even crappy players are going to move through the leagues fairly highly. Maybe not the top rank, but enough volume would still get you into high tier leagues. I guess we’ll see how it all plays out. It will be fun! I’ve been shredding today for some reason

19. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Gave myself a 5 day weekend and played quite a bit. I built a pc 2 months ago and I'm starting to feel more comfortable with a mouse and keyboard. Still have a lot of games with 0-2 kills but I got a 9 kill 1800 damage game earlier and man it felt good. I'm liking season 2.

T.J. likes this.
  20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Devotion/Wingman combo may be my new favorite

21. T.J.

music and baseball.

[​IMG]

22. flask

Trusted Supporter

I have a soft spot for the devotion. I do wish the devotion and spitfire had different designs though.

23. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Are you trying to miss every shot with that setup?

David87 and T.J. like this.
  24. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I like R301 and then flex the second with whatever I can find, often a sniper.

25. Dog with a Blog

R301/Wingman or R301/Peacekeeper