Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apex Legends (Respawn Entertainment, 2019) Video Game • Page 59

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by mescalineeyes, Feb 5, 2019.

1. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

It's very clear when someone is going to revive you or not, so I tend to not waste my time and leave a match when my teammate runs the complete opposite direction from where I am to avoid a gun fight.

2. Zach

Trusted Supporter

It’s for ranked though. Even in normal people don’t wait, they should get their asses too. Fuck em

T.J. likes this.
  3. Zach

Trusted Supporter

There should be a radius type of thing though for casual. Like if they aren’t within x amount of space of your banner you shouldn’t get penalized

4. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Yeah that'd be a fair addition. I've left a few games here and there when the lone teammate up dropped solo way the fuck away from us and when it was clear they weren't coming. But I like to at least wait a little and give them the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes waiting out your enemy before grabbing a banner is a valid strat.

Zach likes this.
  5. T.J.

music and baseball.

Maybe I am misreading this, but do you get to choose which tier to play in? How does the RP cost work? Do you select the tier, pay, and then play? Or is the tier determined based on your performance, and you must pay regardless?

6. Shakriel

I believe you pay based upon the tier you're currently in.

T.J. likes this.
  7. T.J.

music and baseball.

I don't like starting out everyone in the bottom tier. I don't think that's fair to those whose skill level is naturally there. Basically, they have to constantly play players above their skill level. I like the Halo 5 method, where you have 10 games a varied skill level before you are placed.

8. Shakriel

I would argue it's not much different than how we play right now; everyone just lumped together. You'll separate soon enough.

Never been a big fan of the placement matches scheme, unless it's just for the original season. Drove me nuts in Overwatch to have to redo placements every fucking season and in the end them not mattering at all.

9. T.J.

music and baseball.

Yeah, I can see how doing them every season would be annoying. It was in Halo. But for Series 1, and the fact that they mentioned ranks would roll over, I think it wouldn't be terrible.

Random matchmaking is cool for non-ranked, but you gotta think, for those players that are bottom tier skilled, they gotta face every top tier player working their way up. It may smooth out eventually, but entry to the game will vary, so not everyone is starting at the same time. I just wonder what the time frame would be for promotion. It makes the bottom tier slightly more elevated. Instead of linear growth between tiers, it seems more exponential. Every tier except AP will have some population of underrated players until they reach the points required.

I am not sure how it would work, so its more of a question than criticism, but basically I want to know if there would be consistent matches where the players are all equally matched. And how long it would take the population to reach that point. If Series 1 never reaches that point, I could see how some people would get burnt out. Or maybe I am overthinking it. I just got burnt out over Halo 5 because of the whole 2nd+ account thing and now I am wary.

Shakriel likes this.
  10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t like the penalties because I like when people quit and I get the forgiveness haha

Zach likes this.
  11. Zach

Trusted Supporter

If you played with me you wouldn’t need to worry about not getting top 5

jorbjorb and flask like this.
  12. T.J.

music and baseball.

those are some strong words!

Zach likes this.
  13. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Got my first 20 squad kill game, wrecked those people.

14. T.J.

music and baseball.

20 squads? Damn. Sounds intense.

15. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Nah, nah. I mean, my squad got 20 kills, collectively.

T.J. likes this.
  16. T.J.

music and baseball.

Ohhh, my bad. haha That's still sweet. Nice.

17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Lol, otherwise that would mean he took out every squad in the match, including his own.

18. T.J.

music and baseball.

True. I should've finished my coffee before reading anything. :crylaugh:

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Season 2 update is live

T.J. likes this.
  20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Hell yeah, there's a stats page!

[​IMG]

Cameron and T.J. like this.
  21. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I'm not sure I want to see my stats haha

Zach, jorbjorb and David87 like this.
  22. T.J.

music and baseball.

Stats page is a great addition.

23. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Weird I’m not undefeated like I thought

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Can’t wait for the three day weekend our work gave us:-)

jorbjorb likes this.
  25. jorbjorb

7 rings

can't wait to play this later

T.J. likes this.