Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apex Legends (Respawn Entertainment, 2019) Video Game • Page 53

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by mescalineeyes, Feb 5, 2019.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

...*whispers* this is how it should be...

2. brentkid

Regular

And I totally get that and even thought it to myself as I typed the response. Unfortunately my brain has been re-wired to today's gaming environment where most battle royales are constantly getting fresh content... mostly Fortnite.

Game is still great. I'm probably just a little burnt out. Also haven't been able to play with friends the last few weeks so relying on randoms has killed some of my enjoyment.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  3. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I mean they have been patching the game fairly often. I’d rather have that than cosmetics. Plus we know there is at least one other entire map, so I’m fine with no map updates

4. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Man, this game is not doing well on Twitch right now. Not that Twitch dictates how many money they're making, or total player count, but surely they have to have some concerns?

5. T.J.

music and baseball.

Can you go a little deeper into this? Or send a link? Haven't heard about any changes.

6. jorbjorb

7 rings

7. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

No, I'm just saying their streaming numbers are really low. But that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't making money with in-game currency.

Streaming on Twitch right now
    Fortnite (season opener): 231k
    DOTA2: 199K
    LOL: 136K
    GTA: 105k
    Just chatting: 84k
    CS GO: 47k
    PUBG: 42K
    APEX: 18k

jorbjorb likes this.
  8. The Lucky Moose

I think streaming numbers don't translate 1:1 to players. Some games are more suitable to watching than others. I see Fortnite isn't up there either but I'm pretty sure a lot more people are still playing Fortnite than any of those games.

jorbjorb likes this.
  9. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

there's just nothing new to see. which is fine for players that are satisfied with the current offerings because pretty much anything is more engaging to play than to watch, but as a spectator its gotta get old watching the same nine legends with the same handful of weapons. plus i gotta imagine it's hard for streamers to commit to Apex when Fortnite has the new content and therefore the money to be made in broadcasting it.

jorbjorb and The Lucky Moose like this.
  10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Fortnite IS up there, it's the most streamed thing right now. By a lot.

11. Shrek

isn't fortnite number one

12. The Lucky Moose

lololol I'm dumb

anyway, I do still think that it doesn't HAVE to mean anything. I don't think the game is in trouble at least, not yet

jorbjorb likes this.
  13. T.J.

music and baseball.

Also, streaming is impacted by the personalities, too. People will watch their favorite people, more so than a particular game, I think.

14. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I’d rather a game not stream as much and be fun to play, than be streamed everywhere and be boring as hell

15. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

I feel like the Twitch metric is used when and how it's convenient. It's rationalised away when it's not showing the desired results. I think Respawns anaemic update schedule definitely was the nail in the coffin after they made everyone wait way too long for the (extremely lacklustre) season pass.

Now, again, I'm not saying we need Fortnite speed of updates, but I think it's hard too argue that keeping up this pace is sustainable.

16. The Lucky Moose

Statistics amirite

17. mescalineeyes

Battle Royal wars is the new console wars.

18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

brentkid likes this.
  19. brentkid

Regular

Wow those are actually some solid improvements.

20. drewinseries

Drew

Has there been any word on a new map?

21. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

It bums me out fortnite killed all the hype for this just because wanting constant updates.

22. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I’m sure we’ll either get a surprise map drop, or it’ll come around 4th of July. Just a hunch but they said they had more maps ready

23. Shrek

i think that's pretty reductive, theres a massive middle ground to be found between "constant" and what we've gotten so far.

that said that's exactly what all this sounds like to me and has me pretty hyped to dive back in, everything sounds fantastic

mescalineeyes likes this.
  24. brentkid

Regular

I think the problem was that they originally promised pretty frequent communication before getting bullied about the release date for the season 1 BP. It's hard to go from saying "hey we're gonna keep you guys updated weekly on what's going on" to the random, infrequent level of communication they opted for.

That said, it looks like they've taken a lot of what the community has asked for into consideration so that hopefully restores some of the goodwill. I'm definitely excited for the updates.

25. mescalineeyes

I mean if they’re not stupid (and they aren’t) they probably laid out a pretty solid roadmap going forward. This season 1 shitshow is probably not something they’d want to repeat.

drummerAVA likes this.