Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apex Legends (Respawn Entertainment, 2019) Video Game • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by mescalineeyes, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

gonna be playing on PS4 tonight if anyone wants to die w me

CoffeeEyes17 and dadbolt like this.
  2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

not gonna lie I just learned what TTK means right now from a google search.

3. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

@CoffeeEyes17 that is spot on. Shotguns absolutely demolish.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  4. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

i got pretty drunk last night and played this with some folks on here and it’s the most fun I’ve had with MP/BRs in a minute.

finding and landing on a supply ship at the beginning of a game is pure chaos and @CoffeeEyes17 loves it when we do that

the ping feature is brilliant

@Shrek join our party tonight

5. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Peacekeeper with purple attachments is bae.

I’ve found headshots with snipers don’t do much though unless you have the skullpiercer, but I don’t get to use them a whole lot

6. Shrek

you’re gonna regret this invitation

CoffeeEyes17 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  7. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

the only regretful thing that could happen out of this is if dan finds out

CoffeeEyes17, Dirty Sanchez and Shrek like this.
  8. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Who’s ready for drunk me to rage at the weekend? I can feel my toxicity already

9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I can’t play this until Friday/Saturday :tear:

10. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

The more the merrier!!!!

dadbolt likes this.
  11. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

a good thing from reddit

55DB9614-93F3-4BE1-9A5E-E6E13655834A.jpeg

12. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

How many times am I going to eat bullets before I finally remember there’s no building?

13. tucah

not champ Prestigious

pretty much agree with @CoffeeEyes17 on my thoughts on the game, it's a incredibly smart BR that feels like a much better evolution of what Blackout tried to do by evolving the PUBG style BR game for a console. gunplay is of the tier i would expect coming off of the titanfall games but could use some tweaking to ttk.

the heroes are incredibly fun and all versatile, the general consensus that i get around the community is that the two paid legends are easily the most inessential which is good considering everyone is on a similar playing field whether your sinking money (or a lot of time) in or not. only slight complaint here is that lifeline feels like such a crucial part of the team - healing, faster revives and the revive shield can really make the difference in the late game.

the features to allow for complete cooperation and coordination in a team without speaking a single word is, frankly, genius. the ping system is unbelievable, works perfectly and is one of the reasons the game works so well. even for playing with a group while on voice chat, it's so useful to point out where items or people are without saying "uh, over there. no, not there, there"

the map is fine but it's not really special. there are some unique areas but i do feel a lot of it is same-y with the handful of building blueprints sprinkled all over the map and the environment isn't terribly varied. it feels like a safe assumption that they're planning more maps but for now it's not nearly as memorable as fortnite's landmark filled, constantly changing areas.

definitely curious to see the sort of abilities they add in new heroes, how/if they change the map, new game types, what sort of items or weapons they add. i'm having a blast though, will be playing this for a while and i'll almost certainly grab the battle pass next month.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  14. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I’m gonna 100% disagree with fortnite changing locations being better than this map. Immediately this map felt more immersive with its caverns, caves, giant buildings. They change areas in Fortnite, but the map is incredibly uninteresting at this point and wayyyy too cluttered. When it was just the basic areas and Lucky Landing, I think that was one of the most balanced maps I’ve played in a game except Lockout in Halo 2.

I haven’t been able to stand fortnite since like season 4.5 though, and am very disappointed in what it has become gameplay wise, so feel free to disregard this post lol. Upsets me just thinking about it :(

mescalineeyes likes this.
  15. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

I’m def jamming tonight on Xbox

16. Literal

#1 Dawg

The third in my party DC'd and thought the game would quickly once we found our first fight.

We won and I ended up having had 11 kills. I was mad I didn't record it, but I forgot my stream saves my VODs. So here's the last 3 or so minutes. I was sweatin'

Twitch
    (looks like it's defaulting to :40 or :50, just click from the beginning)

Zach likes this.
  17. Literal

#1 Dawg

I've only been playing Wraith so I'm not sure if this load out will work with other legends.
    But this has been my favorite/most successful load out:

Spitefire LMG with 3x HCOG Ranger + whatever attachments you can find.
    EVA-8 Auto Shotgun

With most of my fights being mediumish range, I think the spitefire lasers people, but if you end up having potato-aim like me, the large clip is forgiving.

Same thing with the EVA, but for up-close. I am garbage with the Peacekeeper, and feel like I can do more consistent damage with the EVA. I'm probably in the minority since most people I've watched use the Peacekeeper as their secondary if running a shotgun.

18. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

DO IT

19. Shrek

i am straight crushing it and am also very good and not bad

20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I’m hopping on XB1 if anyone needs a squad mate

21. drummerAVA

Trusted

Feel free to add me on Xbox... gonna be rocking this game for a while.

GT: lickmyb4c0n

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  22. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

any game that allows me to be able to constantly yell at @Shrek for fucking up is already a hit for me.

CoffeeEyes17, dadbolt and Shrek like this.
  23. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

24. Shrek Feb 7, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 7, 2019)
    Shrek

very sorry that this game isn’t for you then dyl but i simply can’t be stopped

dylan, tucah, dadbolt and 1 other person like this.
  25. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

i'm ready to play some tonight let's fucking GO BOIS

mescalineeyes likes this.