Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apex Legends (Respawn Entertainment, 2019) Video Game • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by mescalineeyes, Feb 5, 2019.

1. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

the magazines are so small on some of these, extended mags are a must

drummerAVA, mescalineeyes and Shrek like this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah there's that aspect of it too, for sure. And with weapon skins you never even know if you're going to pick up a given weapon in a match so it isn't a reliable thing either.

SEANoftheDEAD and Shrek like this.
  3. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

This game is incredibly fun.

Got a win on my first night playing with my friend.

My PSN is: bettercalljohn

mescalineeyes likes this.
  4. Zach

Trusted Supporter

They already have so many options too, idk why anyone would pay extra

sean_rugy and Shrek like this.
  5. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Especially compared to fortnite where you pretty much have to pay money to have any character/weapon change. At least when I last played in Season 5, the non-battlepass people didn’t get shit.

Edit: I also am of the opinion that like 95% of fortnite’s skins look dumb as shit though, I bought the battlepass but probably would never buy a skin outright

6. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

If I end up playing this quite a bit (which it's looking that way) I'll spend a few bucks to support Respawn, buy the battle pass, maybe unlock a character or something. They obviously put a lot of work into this and since I didn't have to drop 60 bucks just to play I don't mind buying a few things.

Zach likes this.
  7. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Yeah Battlepass is an immediate purchase for me

Shrek and mescalineeyes like this.
  8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

9. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

do we have an idea of how much these will cost? i don’t Fortnite so i have no point of comparison

10. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

A tenner

Shrek likes this.
  11. Shrek

12. Shrek

anyone have a good guide/breakdown they’ve stumbled across? i see a lot that touch on general concepts but little that break down Legend abilities, weapon specifics, etc

13. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

i got 6th last night... mostly because my rando squad never ran into anyone until later.. slowly but surely.

14. sean_rugy

the finishing moves are so satisfying

15. Shrek

how do you even do one? not that i’ll ever live long enough to try, but i’m curious. do you just melee a downed opponent?

16. Zach

Trusted Supporter

You hold x over a downed opponent. Play with me and you’ll get the chance. I tend to deal a crap load of damage and people tend to get the kills!

sean_rugy and Shrek like this.
  17. sean_rugy

you hold X (idk what geometric shape that is on PS4) on Xbox over a downed opponent. beware there is a little animation though, that almost screwed me the first time.

Shrek likes this.
  18. Zach

Trusted Supporter

It is square you uncultured swine

johnnyferris and sean_rugy like this.
  19. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

someone was doing the finishing animation on me and i just discovered lifeline can pop a shield when downed and it canceled the person's finishing animation lol i was so confused on what happened because i definitely thought i was dead

20. CobraKidJon

21. sean_rugy

lmao I truly cannot tell you the last time I held a PS controller

Zach likes this.
  22. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Been playing with @dadbolt @tucah @dylan @Dirty Sanchez and @Anthony_ brother (hurry up and finish Kingdom Hearts Ant we miss u) since it released so here’s just some general thoughts from someone who likes BRs and probably has near 500 or so hours in Fortnite

-I love it so far. Smooth launch, great gameplay, fun twist on BRs. That logical evolution of both BRs and Hero Shooters was of course to slam them together and I’m glad this one went off pretty flawlessly

-the Legends themselves are interesting and weirdly I think it’s their passives that make the biggest impact. Bloodhound tracking footprints, Lifeline reviving quicker, Pathfinder being able to see where the next circle closes in, etc. They all have neat abilities but I’d say Caustic needs a buff. The damage his abilities do isn’t enough to warrant the time they take to setup.

-either the TTK needs to be lowered or the guns need higher baseline magazines because right now I can foresee this game favoring shotguns and snipers more just because of the damage potential they can put out. Just a small balance tweak would help.

-I don’t think I can ever play a BR again that doesn’t have something akin to the Jumpmaster system and the ping system. Both are fantastic additions.

-the map is really nice with some standout areas that makes it feel naturally connected yet not too samey. I also like the care package and drop ships adding a new dynamic to the game.

I can see myself putting a ton of time into this and it’s very encouraging to see they already have a roadmap and are prepared to do hot fixes frequently to balance the game

23. CobraKidJon

can I join the group

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  24. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

Anyone on Xbox wanna play right now? Need one more for full squad haha

25. sean_rugy

wholeheartedly agree with everything, especially the TTK

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.