Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apex Legends (Respawn Entertainment, 2019) Video Game • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by mescalineeyes, Feb 5, 2019.

1. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Played last night - what a blast. That legend with the portals is the shit!

Zach likes this.
  2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i’m mainly playing the sumo-esque dude with the shields and the mortar strike ult. feel like tankiness and minor assist skills are good for learning the ropes and lending something of a hand as i get destroyed

3. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

That's a good point, gotta try him out.

Was playing with friends last night, my squad was having a shootout across a big open field between 2 buildings. My friend opened a portal next to the side door of the building they were in. My whole squad jumped in, went through that side door guns blazing and took down all 3 - who had no idea we were coming in haha

4. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

imagine getting a nice camping spot for your team then getting absolutely rekt

5. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

lmao thats amazing

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I played once last night. Lasted about 13 minutes. Then stopped. I can't play with randos bro.

7. Shrek Feb 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 6, 2019)
    Shrek

wanna play tonight? seems like i may have a rare few hours alone

edit: and just like that it looks like i will have no time alone but still may play

oldjersey likes this.
  8. Shrek

actually i just warned my gf i’m gonna play this all night let’s go

oldjersey likes this.
  9. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

Randos in this game are perfectly fine. Just won 3 games in a row with the same group of guys.

aspeedomodel and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like when I was playing exclusively on my Xbox, everyone here was on PS4. Now that I'm on my PS4 everyones on Xbox. >:-(

Might just get my Xbox out of storage.

aspeedomodel and mescalineeyes like this.
  11. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah my coworker just told me he played a match with a group of randos, stuck with them and won 2 out of 4 matches last night.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  12. mescalineeyes

That contextual RB ping is magic.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  13. GBlades

Trusted

I have never played Titanfall but I feel like playing this now, might give it a download later and at least try it.

14. mescalineeyes

Haha it’s NOTHING like titanfall

15. GBlades

Trusted

That might be better then! ahah

16. mescalineeyes

You should still try to play the campaign in titanfall 2, it’s sublime.

17. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

The campaign in Titanfall 2 is 5 hours of pure fun. Really enjoyed it. That said, this really is nothing like Titanfall.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  18. Shrek

the communication with randos in this game is good but only as good as the player. had plenty of instances of people breaking off and getting killed or going into business for themselves. def still an advantage to playing with people you know

sean_rugy and mescalineeyes like this.
  19. mescalineeyes

Don’t forget the game is still new, players will have to learn that this is a team game the hard way.

Also no-fill option needs to happen.

Shrek likes this.
  20. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

added some of you xbox folks last night

aspeedomodel, Zach and mescalineeyes like this.
  21. GBlades

Trusted

PSN: GBlades89

22. Shrek

i will say i took a brief look at the ingame store yesterday... the legendary weapon skins are roughly $18 piecemeal. not gonna judge people on how they spend their money but i was blown away. for $5 i’d consider one here and there out of support and fun, but at $20 ya will sooner find me dead

23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Unfortunately, Fortnite made those kinds of prices commonplace/accepted so it isn't surprising they went that route. At the same time, none of the Apex skins I've seen thus far have been as creative as a lot of the most expensive Fortnite skins are so it's also not really living up to the same standard that Fortnite set. I don't play Fortnite at all but a lot of the expensive skins for that game at least look really cool.

Shrek likes this.
  24. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Ah didn't see there was a specific thread for Apex so going to repost haha. Got my first win last night playing with my buddies. I think there needs to be a few tweaks in terms of loot spawn and balancing but I'm having a lot of fun playing this.

mescalineeyes and sean_rugy like this.
  25. Shrek

Apex has even less incentive imo because it’s first person so you never even see your own shit in-game outside of weapon skins. i may pay to unlock a character or two if i get hooked though, although i haven’t reviewed how much those cost

Anthony_ likes this.