Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AP stigma • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Henry, Jul 24, 2016.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Thats original material I'll have you know.

stillbrazy likes this.
  2. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

ehh, I also listened to this when it was cum tributes. Ryan Adams is amazing Love Is Hell era but could never get past Tay Tay's cheesy lyrics.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I couldn't tell if Ryan Adams was being ironic with 1989 or not, and if he was that's a bad look

4. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

First time I've ever used this gif:

[​IMG]

Thank you, Garrett, for allowing me to do such a thing.

5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

he wasnt which still i mean the world didnt need a 1989 cover album

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

it gets so much hate idk why its better than save rock n roll for sure

ComedownMachine likes this.
  7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

You're welcome.

I own both albums post ACBTLD, I just rarely, if ever, want to listen to them.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  8. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Wait, the love of "1989" wasn't ironic?

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

if youre just talking post-actbld (i thought you were including actbld, my favorite album ever) common existence is a bit of a side step but you should give more time to no dev

10. Garrett

I love acbtld, yo.

stillbrazy likes this.
  11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

exactly, its bizarre

12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

well then by all accounts you should love no dev!

13. Garrett

haha. maybe i'll give it another shot here soon.

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Buncha stigmatizers in this here thread

15. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

I find most newer wave pop punk bands to be bland but I cannot praise Trash Boat enough.

marsvoltamcr likes this.
  16. cherrywaves

Trusted

Never forget Fall 2007 and that post-rock/metal explosion. I never listened to that Ocean record

17. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I know for a while when bands like Asking Alexandria, We Came As Romans, Of Mice & Men were starting up / blowing up, I was drifting away from AP because the users were so vocal of their displeasure towards those artists in every thread possible, but I think The Word Alive had a lot of attention in the opposite way on here because Telle was pushing hard for a minute to get a thumbs up from Jason or something like that. It was kind of weird.

I think more often than not the stigma effect would make me just not want to post about a band I enjoy because I didn't want people to come at me invalidating my music opinion in another thread- "ur the guy that listens to xxxx, lol no 1 should take music advice from u".

If the opinion was bad enough that it riled up the entire website + other people in the scene (Buddy Nielsen, prime example), I definitely didn't ever want to try to get into bands in the Brokencyde vein... but aside from that, I didn't really allow AP to sway my opinion on an artist too much usually.

In fact, sometimes I scratch my head at just how much people enjoy certain artists on here. Future is the main one. I just can't understand the hype he gets lol.

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  18. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I think 56 Nights crazy

19. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I still think SRAR is more enjoyable than AB/AP which went farther in the direction of the things I didn't enjoy about SRAR.

I also enjoyed that wave of post-hardcore music quite a bit even if I mock myself for enjoying the "sceenie weenie" stuff.

Listened to a newer The Word Alive track after listening to some of the stuff on Deceiver on Spotify and boy was it bad.

20. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I still miss that band.

oldjersey and DeviantRogue like this.
  21. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Chariot was really fucking good.

22. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I really liked Deceiver. The EP prior to it was super enjoyable too. Everything after it was just so bland. I think most of those bands approached the change to being more of a "hard rock" band rather than a borderline "metalcore" band in such a boring way. But, they continue to gather fans so my opinion is probably a minority one.

23. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

It kills me that a drummer as good as Luke Holland plays for that band.

24. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Get off my website

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

thread got weird