Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anti-Flag Announce New Album; Stream New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Anti-Flag will release their new album 20/20 Vision on January 17th. Today they’ve shared the new song “Hate Conquers All” and pre-orders are now up.

Track Listing

1. Hate Conquers All
    2. It Went Off Like A Bomb
    3. 20/20 Vision
    4. Christian Nationalist
    5. Don’t Let The Bastards Get You Down
    6. Unbreakable
    7. The Disease
    8. A Nation Sleeps
    9. You Make Me Sick
    10. Un-American
    11. Resistance Frequencies

2. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Guitar tones sound similar to American Fall, which I still think is near a career-best album from them. Excited to see them on tour.

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Love this new song. Kinda reminds me of Rise Against some.

4. jeff.dart

Regular

So excited for this, been playing American fall a lot. I really like the production they’ve been using lately.

5. orangehorizon

Trusted

I somehow get an early Linkin Park vibe from this song. Which is not a bad thing at all.

6. AllenRicketts

Regular

What garbage. Boring, 4000th use of the same metaphors by hacks complaining vaguely about the same thing. Linkin Park did so much more with their sound.

7. 333 GANG

ACAB

Brilliant description of this post

8. AllenRicketts

Regular

Nice rubber and glue response, stupid. Yet somehow still more original than the themes and sounds of this song.

9. 333 GANG

ACAB

Yawn.

10. Kinda weird not to understand the themes of this song not being "original" or "new for the this band" is exactly the point as to why this band still exists and continues to make music about those very themes. 'Stop singing about facism during its rise around the world' is an opinion, sure, but it gets a big yikes from me.

11. jeff.dart

Regular

I know right. I can’t believe they continue to focus on extremely relevant issues in our country/world.

the video, song material, use of a Trump clip and album title are pretty damn specific. I don’t know what you saw/heard.

Jason Tate and 333 GANG like this.
  12. AllenRicketts

Regular

We all know. We get it. We agree. He's bad. How many times are we gonna pat ourselves on the back for being "right?"

How about writing about the sickness in us all that cares more about being right than doing right. Trump is such an easy external figure to project our own horseshit on. It's deeper than what specific issues you tell other people you're for and against.

13. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

Jason Tate and 333 GANG like this.
  14. 333 GANG

ACAB

[​IMG]

15. When you haven’t listened to any of their past four albums ...

16. AllenRicketts

Regular

You're not wrong. I'm very sick and in a salty mood. I may have been overly punchy.

17. jeff.dart

Regular

I feel like the last record, American Fall, would give you more of what you’re looking for if that’s what you prefer to hear. I really liked it. Interestingly I think AF was a record that people were expecting to be very topical due to the timing of it, but with the exception of a couple of songs it ended up being a lot more focused on ideas rather than specific people or events. This new album is actually the album I’ve been waiting for due to the subject matter they are covering on it compared to AF.

AllenRicketts likes this.
  18. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Anti-Flag have impressed me with their continued evolution of their music. I remember listening to them in high school during "Mobilize" days and man they have been consistent and held up for nearly 20 years. Aging that gracefully is not an easy thing to do with the "garbage or genius" mentality of alot of punk rock fans I know. Kudos, also this song is great.

333 GANG likes this.
  19. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

didnt pump me up like the past few singles but am always gonna check out the new antiflag album.

Hey their NYC show sold out! Nice to see them still going strong! I saw them in like 2015 in a tiny bar/venue with only like 40 people and i thought they were on their last legs.