Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anti-Flag - American Fall (November 3, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Larry David, Aug 18, 2017.

1. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Really liking this upon first listen.

2. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I really enjoy it but I was hoping for some more direct lyrics shitting on Trump honestly haha

3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I think I was expecting more a fast angry album rather than a poppy one. It's not bad by any means but they did the bad president album perfect with Terror State and I guess I was hoping for another one of those haha

4. Love this album, so glad it's here and everyone can enjoy!

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Justin’s vocals and Chris #2’s bass lines are amazing on this album. That and the catchy choruses.

Erwin89 and Jason Tate like this.
  6. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

His bass lines are always rad. Got my bundle today!

Pretty cool pink variant, a logo shirt, and a big poster of the album art

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I received my CD yesterday, but still waiting on my green/smoke vinyl. Can't wait to get that.

Gnarly Charlie and Larry David like this.
  8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Top three early favorites so far:

Digital Blackout
    Finish What We Started
    Casualty

Its hard to choose a consistent favorite song on this album since i've been listening and that is such a great sign for lasting factor for me.

Still patiently waiting for my vinyl lol.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  9. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Digital Blackout
    Criminals
    Racist

I love that line " you'd never endorse the Jim Crowe days but the malice in your voice is a goddamn giveaway" it's just delivered so damn well.

10. jorbjorb

7 rings

this is my favorite by the band since terror state

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Same here.

Jason Tate, jorbjorb and Erwin89 like this.
  12. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

they shit on the current administration as well as they can without writing a record that will age horribly. out of all the bands i expected a lot out of on the topic, anti-flag are the only ones who delivered. this isn't rise against slapping "wolves" on as a marketing gimmick then writing vague, toothless songs. i appreciate this band's integrity a great deal.

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I'm waiting to see what Bad Religion will release. Really hoping for another politically driven album from them. Same for NOFX. I was let down with the last album.

14. Agreed with all the above.

15. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Really loving this album. Been on repeat all week.

“Digital Blackout” reminds me of The Matches, and the more I listen to “When the Wall Falls,” the more I hear Rancid. Not complaints — just hearing more wide-ranging influences on this one, all while expanding the pop-punk sound they really leaned into on American Spring.

16. Shrek

there's a good chance this ends up being my favorite record of theirs

17. loved the first few songs i heard from this. can't wait to listen to the whole thing.

18. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

glad the bands getting a push here they deserve it. they've been busting their asses for so long...were on the verge of "being popular"..but could never get over the hump. That must be hard for a band...but they kept trucking, no matter what!

Good album. Will have to listen a few times in the car to get a good feeling.

Obviously When the Wall Fals is the best song. That was a home run right away for me.

19. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I have really been enjoying this album. I liked it on the first listen, but it's been growing on me and have found myself returning to it more than I expected to. Criminals, Finish What We Started and Racists are probably my favorite songs so far.

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  20. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

This is still in heavy rotation for me. Im willing to put it up there with terror state and blood and empire

21. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

They really delivered on this one. Going to be in rotation for a while.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  22. invaderphantom

The new album is fucking amazing. I seriously love this band, and they delivered so goddamn hard with this American Fall. I know some people might have expected a more aggressive album as an answer to Trump, but I think writing a more positive-sounding record is exactly what we need right now, and it's just a good move for the band in general. Chris #2 said that one of the reasons why the record sounds like this is because they realized they have to play these songs every night without every show becoming depressing.

Also, writing songs that are more catchy might attract more people who are looking for this kind of music in these times. That's just very reasonable and I hope it works out for them, they should really be way more up there. They've already tried a cleaner production with the previous record American Spring, but I felt that didn't really work right with that record. Collaborating with Benji Madden was a great idea. The production of this album is fantastic, and it has some of the best songs the band has ever written in my opinion,

Current faves are
    The Criminals (that fucking anthem of a chorus!)
    When the Wall Falls (the ska touch works amazingly well)
    Racists (perfect lyrics and delivery, and just sounds so much fun despite its topic. Can't wait to hear this one live)
    Trouble Follows Me, Finish What We Started, I Came I Saw I Believed... God they're all so catchy.

23. Shrek

i could absolutely see Trouble Follows Me, Came/Saw/Believed and Casualty making alternative radio and having good little runs

24. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Well put, @invaderphantom!

I’ve been listening to this daily, along with the Movielife. Both are quick and catchy, while keeping up what I’d call an optimistic angst — which, in this current climate, is very much needed.

Also, it’s a terrific pairing with American Spring. Great bookended albums that perfectly capture the loss of and desire of recapturing hope in America (and subsequently, the world).

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. Kuri44

Dumblecore likes this.