Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anti-Flag - 20/20 Vision (January 17, 2020) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by tomtom94, Oct 25, 2019.

1. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’m liking this a lot so far, You Make Me Sick is infectious (ha)

MysteryKnight and 333 GANG like this.
  2. 333 GANG

ACAB

Is this new song on Spotify a b-side, or just something I'm not familiar with? The production feels different, so it might be an old song I've never heard before.

3. Cmoney86

Trusted

Song is old as hell. its off of for blood and empire. 14 years old came out in 2006

4. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

We got some newer AF fans in here I guess haha

Cmoney86 likes this.
  5. 333 GANG

ACAB

Not a new fan at all, just been about a decade since I’ve listened to that record and didn’t remember it.

Why is it listed as a new release on Spotify?

waking season likes this.
  6. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

No clue, but it's basically the band's most popular song, according to Spotify play count. Sometimes singles are forgettable though -shrug-

7. tomtom94

Trusted

Sometimes it's because of remasters, but I don't remember the band announcing anything so I'm going to guess a label trying to capitalise on the release of the new album

8. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

what song are u all talking about

9. Cmoney86

Trusted

This is the end (for you my friend)

10. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

aw yea that song was how i discovered anti-flag actually they had it in the soundtrack of an old madden game, discovered lots of great bands that way. i guess at the time that song was really different from most of their other material so i was in for a surprise when i looked thru the rest of their catelog ha. ended up being a big time discovery for me since it was like a gateway to a lot of other political punk.

MysteryKnight and danielm123 like this.
  11. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Man, I think this might be my favorite album by them. Typically I enjoy songs but not full releases but this is great.

333 GANG likes this.
  12. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it's a good album. Can't get into the last two tracks though. I know they're good songs objectively but they just don't fit the rest of the album vibe and by that point in the listening experience I want more bangers and not those songs.

13. 333 GANG

ACAB

Un-American is easily a top three song on this for me

danielm123 and MysteryKnight like this.
  14. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Un-American was meh for me at first but quickly grew on me. Definitely one of my favorites on the album

333 GANG likes this.
  15. mjd78

Can anyone understand the lyrics on the 3 b-sides? I can't ever understand anything Chris sings and all the b-sides are Chris songs.

16. 333 GANG

ACAB

Where are these b-sides?

17. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

18. CTFFEMT93

Regular

I didn’t even know there were b-sides

19. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

the album is actually better than the singles on its own. After a while, the singles they were releasing were sounding very cliche anti-flag...but as an album, this works. Bomb is fantastic

20. Kuri44

Un-American is so fucking good

333 GANG and Gnarly Charlie like this.
  21. 333 GANG

ACAB

Probably top 2 on the record for me

Kuri44 likes this.
  22. Kylee

Regular

Are the b-sides available to listen to anywhere? I can't seem to find any info on them. What are the track names?

23. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

24. Kylee

Regular

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  25. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Yeah that’s a decent amount of bsides to only release on vinyl. Damn