Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anti-Flag – “Christian Nationalist”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

This is easily the catchiest Anti-Flag song I've heard in years.

3. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

It's catchy as hell to be sure. Did you check out American Fall? I had written them off a bit after a couple early 2010's releases that didn't hit me, but I think that's their best since FBAE. Catchy as all get out, powerful lyrics and amazing live (saw them twice on tour for it).

Seriously, if you like this a lot, check that out.

333 GANG likes this.
  4. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

American Fall was a great record.

333 GANG likes this.
  5. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

What a banger! This is the Anti-Flag that hooked me when I was 14 singing about corrupt assholes while being positively in your face and catchy.

6. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Do all of the songs on that album have the same vocal effect on it that their other news songs have? That was a big turn off to me.

7. Walkabout

Regular

this is good shit

8. DaveDalva

Representing the 514

Hell yes, always down for new Anti-Flag. Good stuff.

9. tomtom94

Trusted

I guess I'll be the dissenting view and say that while it's very catchy and a very worthy message, I think it's a lyrical downgrade on American Fall.

10. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I think it's some of their best lyrical and vocal work of their career. It's polished to be sure but it's clean (not autotuned) for clear sound, not just pitch corrected.

Check out "The Criminals," "Trouble Follows Me" or "When the Wall Falls" - if any of those don't do it for you, nothing else on the album will. But I bet you'll find something to love.

11. Jared Luttrell

Regular

This is great.