Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anthony Green - Pixie Queen (September 9, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Jun 14, 2016.

1. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

You should give it a shot. I enjoy it quite a bit. It's not going to make my EOTY list or anything, but it's an enjoyable listen.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Along The Shadow has a very strong chance of earning a top ten spot on my end of the year list.

teebs41 likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

it's really enjoyable, I think you should dig it

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I just wish he would use that cleaner vocal sound in that clip on all of his projects. That sound brings me back to juturna

5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

it is extremely good

teebs41, CoffeeEyes17 and SpyKi like this.
  6. Deathco_019

Drummer

Yeah I find my listening to the Saosin album, in some capacity, every week.

7. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I need to give that Saosin record another chance. I listened to it a few times when it first came out and really only liked about half – the 3 singles, plus "Second Guesses" (even though, or possibly because, it totally rips off "Anthology" by Thrice), "Illusion and Control", and "Along the Shadow of Man" – and thought the other half was mostly filler.

Back to the actual album at hand, I'm excited for this, especially with Good Old War backing him up again.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

The bonus tracks on the Saosin record are boss as well. It's actually a really good collection of 13 songs with as much variety that a post hardcore band can give you

airik625 likes this.
  9. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I like both songs, but "Along the Shadow of Man" feels much more like a closer than "Control and the Urge to Pray".

10. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Along the Shadow is awesome. I didn't expect it to like it as much as I do.

11. airik625

That's why they both close in some capacity.

12. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I really liked Avalon

teebs41 likes this.
  13. airik625

Beautiful Things and Avalon are my favorites. Beautiful Things probably being #1. Is it fair that I just made that decision based upon the strength of their bonus tracks versus those on Avalon?

14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I like the song he did with Nate Ruess a lot.

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

love love love that song. It's basically fun. ft. Anthony, but I'm more than ok with it

16. airik625

the one w/ Chino is my favorite

17. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Beautiful Things should have been better than it was I think. Can't Be Satisfied is a hell of a track. Big Mistake, How it Goes, and the live version of When I'm On Pills were cool too

Aaron Mook likes this.
  18. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I'm listening to Avalon for the first time in a long time right now, and stumbled upon this thread. Nice.

I've never anticipated an album like I did Avalon back when it was released, and while it's a pretty rough album, it's so nostalgic for me.

19. SpyKi

I used to listen to this all the time but I wasn't that into the Avalon version or really anything from that album.

20. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

'Babygirl' will always be my favorite solo song by him.

I'd also like to know what the original plan with 'Miracle Sun' was, because that was originally a Circa song.

21. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

that is the avalon version spyki

22. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Yep. They used the original recording in the actual album, and the newer Good Old War version was a bonus on the deluxe set.

23. SpyKi

Nah, they're different. Listening to the Avalon version again though they are almost exactly the same, not sure why I was so against that version 8 years ago, haha.

24. SpyKi

Maybe the one I heard was the Good Old War version, I'm not into that one.

25. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

whats different? you think theres 2 versions with the same breathing at the beginning? think its a different mix or something? I think its the same recording