Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anthony Green - Pixie Queen (September 9, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Jun 14, 2016.

1. irthesteve Jun 14, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 13, 2016)
    irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Anthony's fourth solo record out this fall. Produced by Will Yip, featuring the same backing band as the previous record (Keith Goodwin, Dan Schwartz, Tim Arnold and Brendan Ekstrom)

[​IMG]

Tour dates: The Pixie Queen Tour | SHOWstubs

2. irthesteve

So excited. I just bought a VIP ticket for the L.A. date as well, honestly a steal of a price.

General admission ticket PLUS meet & greet, exclusive 3-song acoustic set, laminate, poster... only $50 total

MegT585 likes this.
  3. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

This is officially my most anticipated release of the year. I'm more excited for this than I was for Saosin. This one clip is better than all of Young Legs.

4. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Is Circa kind of back-burnered for him right now?

5. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I think this year is an off year for the band, though Brandon teased that writing for the next Circa album is in early stages.

[​IMG]

6. irthesteve

If I've learned anything over the alst 4-5 years, Anthony is always working on everything, I have no idea how he does it, but he's successfully been juggling solo, Circa, and Saosin since like 2013/14 and even had some Sounds in there

7. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I'm so here for this. That clip sounds killer. Anthony is my favorite vocalist of all time so I'm pretty much immediately hyped for anything he does.

I'd love to see him on the tour, but Detroit is a 3 hour drive for me, and since the show is in the fall I'll have class the next morning at like 9. But maybe.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  8. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

What is his best solo album?

9. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Official album art.

[​IMG]

10. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I'd personally say Beautiful Things. But I can see arguments for either of his other albums too. Young Legs is the most cohesive work, though I enjoy the more varied styling on Avalon and Beautiful Things more.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  11. irthesteve

I think Beautiful Things is the best for sure, but Avalon is a really unique kind of solo album and Young Legs is still solid stuff throughout

Benjamin Lee and ChiliTacos like this.
  12. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I'll check out Beautiful Things first and then see if I want to check out the others!

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  13. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Anthony Green is a machine.

14. irthesteve

His wife is naked on the cover of Beautiful Things, and here she is naked again on Pixie Queen. If the cover art and music have any relation.... we're in for a solid album!

15. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

The song clip is very promising too. I wonder if it takes a lot of convincing to get her to let him do this, or if it's kinda just whatever. haha My girlfriend would probably dump me if I asked her to be naked for my album art.

16. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Anyone seen a vinyl preorder anywhere?

17. airik625

Had no clue that was his wife ha.

18. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

19. irthesteve

she IS the pixie queen referred to

Also, today is their 8th year anniversary, so the announcement makes even more sense for today

20. airik625

Thanks. Just signed up to be notified.
    cool cool. Still no release date for this?

21. irthesteve

nothing I've seen yet

22. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Anthony mentioned August in an interview recently, so hopefully that holds up.

23. Deathco_019

Drummer

Young Legs is my favorite releaae of his. It's been a while since I've listened to his solo stuff though.

24. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Excited for this. The new Saosin album is the first thing by him I've really loved in a while and the clip, cover art and title for this record are all great.

25. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I still havent listened to that Saosin record which is weird because I love AG

Aaron Mook likes this.