Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anthony Green – “A Reason To Stay” (Video)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Anthony Green has released his new video for “A Reason To Stay.” He and his wife, Meredith Green, also spoke with Billboard about how beating heroin addiction inspired his latest album:

This album is just a celebration of the realness of relationships, which is sometimes very shitty. I can’t imagine anybody in my life I’ve been more vulnerable with than my wife. That also leaves you very wide open for shots. You sort of walk this fine line of being like, “There’s this person who can destroy me emotionally.” And the reality of it is that you do that to each other sometimes. And I think that learning how to bounce back from that is what makes a relationship stronger, or what breaks a relationship apart. I needed to [make this album] ‘cause in processing this stuff right now in my life, I’ve been going so many times, “Is this something I should be giving up or is this something I should be fighting hard for?” And that confusion on that question has come up in our marriage. Being on the other side of that, I feel like it’s always better to work through things. I think dealing with that was really why the record came out.

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I saw his solo show in philly this weekend... As someone who is a big circa fan, and not really into his solo work, I have a new appreciation of some of these songs.

It was just great seeing him rock out with a guitar, blend in some screaming, and make some of these songs that are a little boringish more edgy.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  3. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Is it common knowledge that Anthony was addicted to heroin?!

4. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Yeah he struggled for years with it.

ConArdist likes this.
  5. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

Really fantastic for him and his wife.

6. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

7. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I think so, I've known it forever.

8. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Love anything this wonderful man does. Such a friendly, kind gentleman.

9. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

It was covered a lot when Descensus came out, from memory. I don't think it was 'public' until that point. That was his first album post-rehab.

PandaBear! likes this.
  10. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I remember a podcast he did with AltPress that really went into detail about his addiction. That must've been like in 2008 or '09 cause I was about 13 and Avalon had just come out. For some reason I thought he was clean after that and didn't realize he was addicted up until 2013, but good on him for being 3 years clean now. I saw him in San Diego a couple weeks ago, he's the sweetest lil dude.

PandaBear! likes this.
  11. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Can't wait to see where his renewed creative energy takes Circa.
    I feel like the next album will be their best because his demons are more in check and his other creative outlets (Solo, Saosin) have garnered such positive reaction.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  12. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Loving that video, and the song seems a bit playful, but a few lines are enough to make me emotional about it.