Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Antarctigo Vespucci Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by VanMastaIteHab, Jan 13, 2017.

1. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Chris and Jeff basically said on the latest Back to the Island that they're working on new music right now. They announced a February show yesterday, so probably will be out before then. Yaaaaay!

Contender likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

can't fucking wait

3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

They haven't put out anything even remotely sub-par yet. Hope they tour again soon

4. cwhit

their tour a few years back was one of the most fun shows i've ever been to

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

hell yes to new music

6. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

IMG_1238.JPG
    Picked up this amazing pin at the show tonight, which was hella fun. This band makes me so incredibly happy, Chris and Jeff have the best chemistry. Played basically all of both EPs and then like half of the full length.

cwhit and Contender like this.
  7. cwhit

i bet we get an antarctigo album on chris's birthday. or at least an announcement

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  8. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Didn't even think of this lol, it's very much in his personality to hype his own birthday this much for no reason. But you're probably right, he's in NYC with Jeff right now finishing the album (via back to the island, the best source for news about this band)

9. cwhit

it makes so much sense, he'd be the one to hype for no reason but i bet there's a plan for it. we won't get nothing, hah.

10. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

i would love more AV, especially coming after the best album Jeff's put out

11. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Leavin' La Vida Loca is one of my favorites to throw on this time of year

Just so many strong songs

12. cwhit

new album when?

Aregala likes this.
  13. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

soon prolly right? It's been recorded yes? according to their social medias afaik

14. They've been saying it wont be out until 2018, but hopefully they're just messing around with that. Could be waiting until they're both done touring this summer? I'd love if they did a full tour together.

Aregala likes this.
  15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Jeff pls just throw it on Bandcamp hell yeah

16. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't this year.

17. cwhit

chris just told me next year

VanMastaIteHab and Aregala like this.
  18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

what'd he say about solo stuff

19. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

hell yes

20. cwhit

21. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Damn, usually the turnaround on the Antarctigo releases has been super quick. I guess maybe they still have to record more?

22. cwhit

Yup, it's not done yet

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  23. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Cool, seems like they're taking their time with this one then. Not that the other releases have felt rushed, but hopefully this is their best yet!

24. Still hoping the delay is because they're putting all their focus on their individual projects so that when they put this out it's treated less like a side project and they do a full tour, etc. Would love to get to see them play these songs live, but I don't think they'll ever make it to Minnesota as long as the band is more of a 'just for fun' thing which it seems like it has been for the most part so far.

Regardless, I'm just happy both of these guys are putting out all the music they already are, because it's all SO GOOD

cwhit likes this.
  25. cwhit

VanMastaIteHab and tucah like this.