Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Antarctigo Vespucci Sign With Polyvinyl

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Antarctigo Vespucci have signed with Polyvinyl Records. The full press release is below.

Earlier this morning, tourmates turned best friends Chris Farren and Jeff Rosenstock announced over Instagram Live that their band Antarctigo Vespucci has signed with Polyvinyl Record Co., and that they’ll be touring together later this fall.
    In 2013, singer-songwriter Chris Farren found himself at a crossroads. His band, Fake Problems, had just broken up, so he went to New York in search of collaboration and inspiration. He met up with Jeff Rosenstock, who at the time was fronting the band Bomb the Music Industry!, a Brooklyn-based collective that Chris had crossed paths with on tour. They decided to give writing together a try, and thus Antarctigo Vespucci was born.

It wasn’t like Chris and Jeff were best friends or anything. In fact, they barely knew each other. The collaboration could’ve been a disaster, but it wasn’t. Over the next few years, they released two EPs and a debut LP, and Chris and Jeff’s relationship grew stronger and stronger.

Throughout 2015-2017, Antarctigo Vespucci remained more a side project for both musicians, as each launched successful solo careers, Chris’s defined by “pure power-pop goodness” (AV Club), and Jeff’s leading to Pitchfork calling him “one of punk rock’s greatest, most effusive living songwriters.” But while the entire project may have all started on a whim, Antarctigo Vespucci has now blossomed into something much, much bigger.

Throughout 2015-2017, Antarctigo Vespucci remained more a side project for both musicians, as each launched successful solo careers, Chris’s defined by “pure power-pop goodness” (AV Club), and Jeff’s leading to Pitchfork calling him “one of punk rock’s greatest, most effusive living songwriters.” But while the entire project may have all started on a whim, Antarctigo Vespucci has now blossomed into something much, much bigger.

[​IMG]

2. Butinsmallsteps

Regular

Very excited for this. None of the past releases have really sold me but I love both of their solo stuff so I’m always down for more music outta these two

3. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I’m down for anything Chris Farren related.

4. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I had no clue those 2 were the base of this band, wow.

5. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Benny Horowitz (Gaslight Anthem) plays drums for them too.

Love all three guys projects. Need to check out AV albums again.

Butinsmallsteps likes this.
  6. halby

We had our first dance to an AV song at our wedding, very stoked for this.

Also the starting date of the tour makes me think they may make a surprise visit at The Fest.

7. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Have just gone back to check it out, never even heard the name before, which is weird - it's awesome and fun, I'll keep my eye on the project!