Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ant-Man and The Wasp (Peyton Reed, July 6, 2018) Movie • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

It is, sorry it didn't bother you personally. Things work both ways.

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Eh, I wasn't as on board with this as I was hoping to be. Don't get how or why this was an improved version of the first either. Also not sure how I feel about Randall Park's character being as silly as he was (I'm sure everyone disagrees with me there)

Easily the weakest of Phase 3 thus far, as well as the worst MCU since Thor 2

3. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I definitely wouldn't go that far. Also Thor 1 is worse than Thor 2 by far. It's the worst MCU movie by miles.

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Thor 1 was before both of those. I meant that it's worse than every MCU film released between The Dark World and now

5. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Ohhhh, still no. Age Of Ultron was terrible.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  6. Serh Jul 10, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 21, 2019)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Ultron had a lot of good mixed in with a lot of bad. The scene at the ranch is a lot better than anything here. But I get why you'd think that, I suppose

7. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

The scene at the ranch was terrible! If that was his sister and her family that would have been fine, but it was just such a stupid twist to make us feel something for characters we didn't give two shits about.

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

If this ends up with a big ass discussion about AoU I apologize in advance

9. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

You hate the ranch stuff in Ultron? That's even worse than complaining about some perceived "convenience" about who was and wasn't snapped, lol. Dang.

(Btw, I have a really hard time accepting any Marvel Studios film as the worst besides Iron Man 2. That one is ROUGH.)

Anyways, I really liked Ant-Man and the Wasp, but with how largely great Phase 3 has been, I guess it'd be ranked pretty low by default. I certainly liked it more than Doctor Strange and probably Homecoming.

Connor likes this.
  10. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

This is bad

11. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

The ranch was utterly laughable and Thor is by far, and I mean by far the worst of the MCU. There's no logic, the sets look like they were designed by an elementary school drama class, and the characters were absolutely intolerable.

12. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I like the Ranch scene.

13. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

JRGComedy likes this.
  14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I liked AoU.

15. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I didn't say anything about not liking the movie. I like a lot of bad things. A lot of people like "The Room" but know that objectively it's a terrible film.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. RyanPm40

Heh fair enough, l didn't think it was very good either, but I also didn't find it to be that much worse than the other MCU films, and there are others I certainly thought were worse. It's definitely a forgettable film, though.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  17. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

What do you think is the worst?

18. RyanPm40

Well, I hated IM3 and walked out of the theater. Only time I've done that with a film. So that's probably the worst one that I've seen. Cap 1 was also boring but maybe not the "worst" as a movie, but I also enjoyed it less than AoU

I haven't seen Thor 1 and 2, Hulk, and IM2 bc people have nothing but negative things to say about them. But, if those are even worse than IM3, then I think all of them would be worse than AoU as well.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Arguing the worst film is so damn silly

Connor likes this.
  20. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Not really. It can be really interesting to see someone's personal taste. Sometimes it also makes me appreciate certian movies more or less depending on how people perceive them. I like knowing that sometimes I've given something an unfair chance because I didn't pick up on things others have.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Yeah, what's the point when all reasonable people know that it's clearly IM2?

DrAlanGrant, Greg and Henry like this.
  22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

It's Thor.

23. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

"You know what. In my opini--"

[​IMG]

AndrewSoup likes this.
  24. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

25. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

still baffled by people who hated (not disliked, but really hated) Iron Man 3. like, that's my favorite of the IM trilogy (yeah, fight me)

but, back to this movie, i feel there were so many moments where the direction was lacking in terms of the framing/composition of the shots. other than a little lacking in direction, some writing/comedy beats didn't quite land for me. i was surprised in the credits that there were so many damn writers on this.

CarpetElf and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.