Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ant-Man and The Wasp (Peyton Reed, July 6, 2018) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 28, 2017.

1. GBlades

Trusted

Yeah i usually make plans to see the Marvel films on release but kinda gutted it'll be a month and I'll no doh t be tempted to look up some details!

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Sitting at a solid 69% on metacritic.

3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Nice

4. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Just got passes to see this tonight, I’m taking my daughter with me (it’s in 3D unfortunately).
    Will report back tomorrow.

5. GBlades

Trusted

Is it true that the Avengers title will be at the end of this? If so, fuck waiting for the UK release.

6. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Pretty sure Feige recently said they wouldn’t reveal the A4 title until the end of the year

7. GBlades

Trusted

Ahhhhh right. I thought I seen something otherwise. Suppose we will find out!

8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This was a lot of fun. It’s basically an improved version of the first one, just more goofy.

9. Full Effect Ed

This was so fun. No Avengers 4 title but the first of the two post credit scenes is HUGE.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I wasn't too sure about this (first one was half-decent, for me. Nothing I'd really rewatch) so I'm happy to hear it's really good. Can I assume the villain is better than the first one as well?

11. Full Effect Ed

Muuuuuch better

12. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I don't have the problem with Marvel villains that a lot of people do, but Yellowjacket is in the conversation for worst comic book film antagonist. I think the filmmakers even admitted they didn't like him, calling him a leftover of the Phase 1 days & Wright that they didn't quite click with.

I saw some talk on Twitter of this film's villain not really being a villain and having a compelling arc. Hopefully that's true and not just fan exaggeration.

13. Full Effect Ed

Yeah Reed’s admitted he wasn’t a fan of Yellowjacket and said it was one of Wright’s ideas that they kept.

14. Davjs Jul 3, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 3, 2018)
    Davjs

Trusted

What's wrong with Yellowjacket? He was well acted and effective, I understood his motivation clearly. In the top Marvel villains for sure, whether that means anything or not since a lot aren't very good.

15. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The villain is nothing of note. It’s really kind of two people: Ghost, who you kind of root for and Walton Goggins, who’s just a sleazy business guy that could honestly be his character from “Tomb Raider” and no one would notice.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  16. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

If this movie wastes Walton Goggins so help me god...

17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I'll say this - if you're going for Walton Goggins, you'll probably be disappointed.

Greg likes this.
  18. Full Effect Ed

It definitely delivers the Goggins

19. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Goggins is such an underrated treasure. The kind of actor that should never be wasted in a one-and-done villain role.

20. No villain in the MCU is worse than Malekith from Thor Dark World.

21. drewinseries

Drew

This was a lot of fun.

22. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

This is good. Like it more than the first

23. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Ditto. Really liked Hank and Hope in particular. It was dragging a little in the first half but the second half was a blast. Ghost was pretty cool. Quantum realm / little ship was cool. Post credits scene was cool.

ghostedaway likes this.
  24. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

This was mega fun. Love The Wasp. Awesome after credits scene

25. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Fun movie. What I wanted it to be: More of what I liked about the first one, without the first one's shortcomings. Ghost was great.

ghostedaway likes this.