Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ant-Man and The Wasp (Peyton Reed, July 6, 2018) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

ComicBookMovie is one of the shittiest sites. They always overanalyze things and run with rumors so often.

airik625 and Davjs like this.
  2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Tim likes this.
  3. Davjs

Trusted

It used to be my go to because I love diving deep into comic book and movie stuff, but it has been super click baity the last few years (or maybe even longer)

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I see no reason to bring attention to this. The site shouldn't have posted the article, and the article shouldn't have been posted in this thread.

The only reasons to bring attention to this super fringe observation are for trashy clickbait and to try to cast a negative shadow on genuine, important critiques.

Davjs likes this.
  5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I didn’t look up how many people were criticizing the costume. I just follow that site and post articles from it that are related to the threads on this site.

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Tim likes this.
  7. Trailer tomorrow.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jan 30, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 30, 2018)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

9. Tim

I don't think I completely understand what this movie is about. Looks fun, though.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  10. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Love it already. I can't wait for this one! I thought the first one was pretty underrated.

Davjs and awakeohsleeper like this.
  11. Makoto

Monafide bonafide

If Evangeline Lily is in it that's all I need to know frankly

airik625 likes this.
  12. Tim

I was more excited for the first one than pretty much anyone I knew, but it didn't really get to soar the way the Guardians films and Ragnarok did. I've come to view it as kind of a lesser Iron Man 3: a film with a unique personally and charm that was hammered down by safety but still found opportunities to sneak out.

All that being said, I still really enjoy the movie and am excited to see what this team can do without the burden of picking up where Wright left off.

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Looks like a lot of 'more of the same'. The shrinking of the building seemed charming until I thought about the logistics. lol

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Ant Man is one of my favorite movies from the MCU so I'm very excited.

Davjs likes this.
  15. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I really liked the first one. With that being said, ehhhhh.

16. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

That's the vibe I got sadly too especially with the pez dispenser but it's a teaser and looks fun so I won't complain too much.

17. Anthony_

Was anyone in it?!?!

18. Tim

Logistics are the death of every superhero story, though, lol. Even everyone's favorite "real" character, Batman, makes no sense.

I shared this in the Last Jedi thread during a similar conversation:
    FB7730A8-3011-4654-B2AE-4ED4593F4177.png

I'm personally glad this looks like "more of the same" because the cast (except screw Michael Douglas), vibe, and gimmicks of the first one were great, but the overall film was merely good. Sometimes I like a sequel that mostly just refines what the previous film did.

19. Tim

Also, I hate that this trailer wasted time on Civil War footage, but I now really want this movie to open with a Luis recap of that film.

Anthony_ likes this.
  20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yes, when I started watching it at work I had it on silent and I immediately thought "wait a minute, is this some kind of stupid fan made video"

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

22. Anthony_

I thought the trailer looked good. Excited to see Rudd and Lilly back together again, playing off each other and kicking ass.

23. It's not blowing me away or anything, but it looks fun. Excited to see The Wasp in action.

24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’m down. This looks super fun.

Davjs likes this.
  25. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

These posters will never not amuse me.

Davjs and RyanPm40 like this.