Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ant-Man and The Wasp (Peyton Reed, July 6, 2018) Movie • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I wasn't surprised by the number of writers considering how much went on. A good example of too many cooks in the kitchen.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Every Marvel thread

Tim likes this.
  3. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Okay?

4. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

5. Maverick Jul 12, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 12, 2018)
    Maverick

Trusted

Just saw this and thought it was great. Better then the first one which i also enjoyed. The second Hank dove into the quantum realm the movie kicked up a notch. Really liked those visual effects and action sequences in that third act. Thought the movie was funny (sometimes tried too hard but not as hard as guardians 2 I thought) and I love Evangeline Lilly, so happy that she’s doing well post LOST. I was afraid they’d kill Hank Pym off when he was rescuing Janet but happy they didn’t go that route. Really hope this does well enough for a 3rd movie, would enjoy seeing more of Michelle phieffer and Ghost characters’ development.

6. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I liked this but not as much as the first one I think. It’s cool to see a more self contained story that isn’t “the entire city/world is at stake”

AndrewSoup likes this.
  7. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Didn’t care for this that much, it was just ok.

justin. and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  8. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Seriously, though, why did this look like an episode of SHIELD/something on ABC? Hated the lense or camera or whatever they did.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  9. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

this is what i'm talking about. Peyton Reed's directing was really subpar.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

SmithBerryCrunch and RyanPm40 like this.
  11. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

12. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Haha I didn't read it that way at all, I think Rudd thought it was funny

13. Interviewer was absolutely and shamelessly being a dick.

14. RyanPm40

How? They were both joking around. The interviewer clearly doesn't really want a movie with Ant Man growing inside Thanos's ass lol.

He is just dead pan in his delivery and is fully aware how ridiculous it is.

15. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Just caught this last night, so sorry if it's been discussed. But post credit scene; how did they not know about Thanos? Like wouldn't that be on the news? During all that, no mention of anything going on with Avengers or anything? Thought that was weird.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  16. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

These movies aren't in chronological order. This is essentially what Lang was doing in a rushed three days and, afterwards, Hope and Hank are still on the run.

Even so, Infinity War was across a couple days and the Sokovia Accords were still in effect, which is why they acknowledged that Lang and Barton were on house arrest. With Vision needing repair and being on the run themselves, I'm sure they wouldn't risk jetting over to San Francisco or think Scott would have the means to get to Africa, let alone Wakanda, on his own. (Not contacting Lang/Barton is probably what will fuel Hawkeye's anger in A4 as well.)

On the news front, I'm sure they had no idea what was going on. There was the big New York alien encounter, with the big story being Tony Stark going missing, but nothing else was probably known. (Spider-Man and Tony would've been the only ones recognized anyways.) The Scotland encounter probably wasn't really known about since it happened late in the night and we didn't really see anyone around. From there, nothing between the team/Ross was probably reported. In Wakanda, we don't even know if the media could even track or see into their area, but, with the trees/mountains still hiding the main area, you'd have to think they still don't have access or know all that much about the country.

The rest of the world knows nothing about what is happening in Wakanda, let alone a threat of "aliens." They would maybe have breaking news of more spaceships arriving near Wakanda without knowing anything of what's going on. The battles at Wakanda and the snap happened too quickly to even think this could be warned to anyone who wasn't there, which can definitely be seen in Fury shocked to see what was going on in IW's post-credits.

17. SmithBerryCrunch Aug 3, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 3, 2018)
    SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Finally saw this last night. Had a ton of fun. Loved the humor and I just love the Ant-Man character (and obviously Paul Rudd). Really Like Evangeline as The Wasp too.

Also, thought that Abby Ryder Fortson as Cassie was really good.

18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

This finally came out in the UK so I went to see it yesterday. I really enjoyed it, probably more than the first one. Paul Rudd & Evangeline Lilly were brilliant. I thought the story was fun and interesting and I liked that there was a lot going on.

19. RyanPm40

Damn I still need to see this. And Incredibles 2. Maybe I'll just wait till they're both out of theaters.

20. I just saw this on Saturday and loved it. If course there are definitely some criticisms but overall a really fun movie, which was a nice change of pace after the doom and gloom of Infinity War.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  21. flask

Trusted Supporter

Was expecting a passing mention of a UFO in NY or maybe something on the news in the background but eh nbd.

22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

THis was good....not anything special, but entertaining.

23. tomtom94

Trusted

The more I think about this film the more I think it's on the weaker end for Marvel, mainly because of the standards they've set for themselves but still.

The action is a really good ride (especially the extended chase scene at the end) and all the jokes land, but it's missing the strong story and character work that makes most Marvel films (and the first Ant-Man) so good. The villains are pretty weak too which is a shame because that's been phase 3's real strength up until now.

24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I don’t think this will be a film i’ll return to unless I have a phase 3 marathon before A4. The actor/actresses are great but everything else just just isn’t memorable to me. The father/daughter scenes are great, though.

25. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

It's at least better than Doctor Strange (and, on a subjective level, less frustrating than Homecoming). Third from the bottom for the phase that gave me Guardians 2, Ragnarok, & Black Panther isn't bad. (And also Civil War, which still accomplishes the Avengers thing better for me than all 3 Avengers films.)

If they don't make a third Ant-Man film, or at least an ensemble film where Lang is central to the story, then this movie will be the one I watch if I wanna watch Paul Rudd be a superhero.

Alba likes this.